Microsoft Course RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi

    Ive been a hardware engineer for the past 10years working on laptops, desktops and server mid range like IBM X systems and Hp servers, i want to do a microsoft course but dont know which one as some companies are say that microsoft are recalling the MCSE and there pushing MCSA at a crazy price of £1700 for 12 months access

    Please can some one advise me on what to do as id rather become a server administrator rather then being on the road 12hrs a day also want to move in to networks too

    Many Thanks

    Wednesday, January 9, 2013 4:42 PM


  • Classroom training is typically expensive, but you can get certified perfectly well by doing some self-study from books and training manuals.

    If you want to become a server administrator you can target the certification "MCSA: Windows Server 2012", for instance. This link lists your options:


    If you follow from this page the links into the required exams, you will see that each of them offers some training materials. For example, for exam 70-410 you have two Microsoft Press books titled "Training Guide: Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012" and "Exam Ref 70-410: Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012". Or, you can take the list of "Skills Measured" from the same page, and for each entry in the list search the manuals and the Internet for information about the corresponding topic. Once you are satisfied that you are knowledgeable about all the topics, you can go ahead and take the exam; no need to take expensive classes from a training center.

    • Proposed as answer by Mr. Wharty Wednesday, January 9, 2013 9:21 PM
    • Marked as answer by Horizon_NetEditor Wednesday, January 16, 2013 10:00 PM
    Wednesday, January 9, 2013 9:04 PM