CRM 4.0 Permissions RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a user of a particular business unit that is a child to the main business unit. I need to assign a user within the child business unit the ability to be able to take ownership or assign ownership of all leads within the whole CRM system , regardless of who owns the lead. pleae help me figure out how to manipulate the security roles. Right now I tried giving him admin rights but I can only assign admin rights to the business unit he is in not the whole crm system

Wednesday, June 1, 2011 7:49 PM

Answers

• Hi,

The owner of the lead can be changed either by assigning the lead to another person or by opening the lead form and select another user in owner field. If you want to change user to change lead owner from form field then i would suggest the following securiety privillages:

Open user assigned Securiety Role and :

1. In Core Records tab change the Lead privillages Read, Edit, Append and Assign privillages to Organization level (Green Color Filled Circle)

2. Click on Business Management tab in securiety and role configuration

3. Change User privillages Read, Append To privillages to Organization level (Green Color Filled Circle)

I hope this will help.

Thank You,
    Jehanzeb Javeed,
    http://worldofdynamics.blogspot.com
    Linked-In Profile |CodePlex Profile

If you find this post helpful then please "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer".
    • Proposed as answer by Jehanzeb.Javeed Thursday, June 2, 2011 2:35 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by Jehanzeb.Javeed Monday, June 6, 2011 4:58 PM
    • Proposed as answer by Jehanzeb.Javeed Monday, June 6, 2011 4:59 PM
    • Marked as answer by Geezup Tuesday, June 7, 2011 8:16 PM
    Thursday, June 2, 2011 2:34 PM

All replies

• You should give that user a security role which as "global" (organization-wide) privilege for assign of lead. If you don't have such security role, and the user shares the same roles with other users then you can create one security role sepcific for that and add it to the security roles that the user already has.

Gonzalo | gonzaloruizcrm.blogspot.com

Wednesday, June 1, 2011 7:57 PM
  • Hi,

1. In Core Records tab change the Lead privillages Read, Append and Assign privillages to Organization level (Green Color Filled Circle)

3. Change User privillages Read, Append To privillages to Organization level (Green Color Filled Circle)

I hope this will help.

Thank You,
    Jehanzeb Javeed,

If you find this post helpful then please "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer".

Wednesday, June 1, 2011 7:59 PM
  • When the users go and try to change the owner of a lead that they themselves are not the owner its greyed out and they cant do anything at all.

Thursday, June 2, 2011 12:40 PM
  • The button is disabled if you haven't given the user global privilege on lead for assing operation. You must open the security role assigned to your user, go to Core Records --> Lead and in the "assign column" click until it becomes "Organization" (all green).

Gonzalo | gonzaloruizcrm.blogspot.com

Thursday, June 2, 2011 12:52 PM
  • Hi,

The owner of the lead can be changed either by assigning the lead to another person or by opening the lead form and select another user in owner field. If you want to change user to change lead owner from form field then i would suggest the following securiety privillages:

1. In Core Records tab change the Lead privillages Read, Edit, Append and Assign privillages to Organization level (Green Color Filled Circle)

3. Change User privillages Read, Append To privillages to Organization level (Green Color Filled Circle)

I hope this will help.

Thank You,
    Jehanzeb Javeed,

• Proposed as answer by Jehanzeb.Javeed Thursday, June 2, 2011 2:35 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by Jehanzeb.Javeed Monday, June 6, 2011 4:58 PM
    • Proposed as answer by Jehanzeb.Javeed Monday, June 6, 2011 4:59 PM
    • Marked as answer by Geezup Tuesday, June 7, 2011 8:16 PM
    Thursday, June 2, 2011 2:34 PM