Polycom CX700 and OCS2007 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,
    I cannot locate the OCS2007 server when trying to log in via phone edition, I have E2K3 SP2, is this an issue, do you really need E2K7?

I exported the key to a .cer file and published it in AD, phone boots up and says cannot locate server, I may have manual sign-in enabled as opposed to automatic.

I have AD
    I have a root domain
    I have a child domain which hosts all users and computers including Exchange and OCS2007
    I have DNS SRV record for _sipinternaltls
    I have OCS configured to use TLS on port 5061
    I have DHCP
    I have NTP config

What else do I need?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Paul.
    Tuesday, November 4, 2008 5:32 PM

Answers

• Here is how i have resolved this issue,

I have a forwarder in our child domain to the root domain for the root domain DNS zone, I then created the _ntp and _sipinternaltls DNS entries in the root domain DNS zone and I re-configured my user object in OCS to log in using the UPN of my user object.

Problem solved.

Thanks to all for your input.
    Friday, November 7, 2008 3:22 PM

All replies

• Paul,

First, what key did you export and publish to AD?  The only keys that should be published in AD are the root/intermediate/issuing certificates from your PKI infrastructure.  Typically, you do NOT publish the OCS 2007 server certificate in AD (since the chain is automatically trusted).

• Do you have OCS configured as standard edition or enterprise edition?
    • Do your MOC clients sign in successfully?  If so, are they using the Automatic detection method?
    • Have you enabled your users for Enterprise Voice?

If your MOC clients are NOT logging in automatically, you should validate your DNS SRV configuration.  Follow this blog post to test:

http://blogs.msdn.com/mskumar/archive/2007/10/22/create-and-verify-dns-srv-and-a-records-for-client-automatic-client-sign-in.aspx

As for Exchange 2003 vs Exchange 2007...

Code Snippet

"The Tanjay or CPE devices synchronize the GAL contacts via Exchange 2007 web services.

It is very important that the autodiscover service is also working because this is how CPE finds the URLs for the web services"

"GalContacts.db is not available on the OCS Phone devices.

You need to have users added in contact list before you could see that user in your office communicator"

http://forums.microsoft.com/unifiedcommunications/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=3803971&SiteID=57

Keenan
    Tuesday, November 4, 2008 10:38 PM

• Do you have OCS configured as standard edition or enterprise edition?
      • Standard Edition
    • Do your MOC clients sign in successfully?  If so, are they using the Automatic detection method?
      • MOC Clients DO Sign in Successfully
    • Have you enabled your users for Enterprise Voice?
      • I have enabled my user object for Enterprise Voice for testing these phones and am trying to sign in to the phone as me
    I took a look at your suggested post at http://blogs.msdn.com/mskumar/archive/2007/10/22/create-and-verify-dns-srv-and-a-records-for-client-automatic-client-sign-in.aspx, thanks, it has pointed out to me that I need new DNS Zones for each sip domain.

This may be my answer as I do not have these new zones as yet, our Active directory domain name is different fromour primary SMTP addresses and so I shall raise a Change Request internally to create a zone for one domain for testing and see how that goes.

Thanks,

Paul.

Friday, November 7, 2008 1:47 PM
  • Here is how i have resolved this issue,

I have a forwarder in our child domain to the root domain for the root domain DNS zone, I then created the _ntp and _sipinternaltls DNS entries in the root domain DNS zone and I re-configured my user object in OCS to log in using the UPN of my user object.

Problem solved.

Thanks to all for your input.
    Friday, November 7, 2008 3:22 PM
  • Can you tell me where the information on how to set up the _ntp and _sipinternaltls DNS entries in the root domain DNS zone are?

Thanks
    Thursday, October 15, 2009 3:50 PM