Errors exist in a client computer backup RRS feed

• Question

• I installed WHS 2011 onto a 1 GB drive, installed the Connector to my desktop and then manually backed up the desktop. This is my client PC, right? It took forever, but I was told the backup succeeded on 2/5/2011 at 3:48 AM. For the first time ever, WHS backed up everything I had asked it to!

I waited a few days before checking to see that automatic backup was working, since I've historically had problems with auto backup working a couple or three days, then failing for a couple or three days, back to working for a day or so, then failing, etc. When I did check, no further backups seem to have been attempted. Further, my server had a critical alert:
    ================================
    Errors exist in a client computer backup
    ComputerCare7 2/6/2011 12:31 AM

A client computer backup contains errors that must be resolved. Before you can repair the backup, you must resolve all Server Storage Errors.

You will not be able to backup client computers until the problem is resolved.

<bold>Resolve this alert</bold>

Before you repair backup:
    Ensure that you resolve all alerts that are related to Server Storage.

To repair backup:
    1. Open the Dashboard.
    2. Click Computers and Backup, and then click Additional client computer backup tasks.
    3. Click Tools, and then click Repair now.
    4. Follow the instructions to complete the wizard.
    ========================================

My backup succeeded on 2/5 at 3:48 AM.
    My server decided to have problems on 2/6 at 12:31 AM

I'm guessing that an auto backup was attempted, but was not successful. And that's as much as I can figure out.  WHS 2011 gave no alerts whatsoever, not even to tell me backup failed on my desktop computer. I had to open my dashboard before I knew something was wrong!

Something's wrong, but I don't know what it is.

Nancy Ward
    Friday, February 11, 2011 3:50 AM

All replies