none
Cannot add wsdl as web reference RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am trying to add wsdl file as web reference to a visual studio project. But when I am trying to add the url, I am getting following message on right side : The HTML document does not contain Web service discovery information.

And following result is getting in out put.

"xx-yyy.serviceagent" Description

Methods
    • OpI ( As ,  As ,  As ,  As )
    • OpQ ( As ,  As ) 

When I am typing the wsdl url in browser, I can get the xml file. And also when I am using this wsdl in SOAP UI, I can get the functions and I can call the services also.

• Moved by Dmitry G MatveevMicrosoft employee Tuesday, February 17, 2015 7:46 AM WSDL question, not related to AppInsights. Unfortunately, I cannot move it to ASP.NET forum by some reason. Moving to general questions.. Someone might be able to move further to get this one answered.
    • Moved by Jack Zhai-MSFTMicrosoft contingent staff Wednesday, February 18, 2015 11:43 AM Not the VS IDE issue.
    Monday, February 16, 2015 11:43 AM

Answers

• I'd try them over here.

http://forums.asp.net/

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

Thursday, February 19, 2015 1:18 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Thank you for posting in the MSDN forum. It seems that it is not the correct forum for this issue, since this forum is to discuss Visual Studio IDE. I am moving your question to the moderator forum ("Where is the forum for..?"). The owner of the forum will direct you to a right forum.

Best Regards,

Jack

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, February 18, 2015 11:42 AM
  • I'd try them over here.

http://forums.asp.net/

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

Thursday, February 19, 2015 1:18 AM