Connect to CrmService --> https RRS feed

• Question

•  

In my console application I want to connect to the CrmService of my SaaS server. I have to do this with https. But everytime I get this error: The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized. [System.Web.Services]

Code:

//CrmAuthenticationToken contains the authentication information for accessing CrmService Web service.

CrmSdk.Metadata.CrmAuthenticationToken Token = new CrmSdk.Metadata.CrmAuthenticationToken();

Token.AuthenticationType = 0;

Token.OrganizationName = Global.GetKey("OrganisationName");

System.Net.NetworkCredential Credentials = new System.Net.NetworkCredential();

Credentials.UserName = Global.GetKey("CredentialsUserName");

Credentials.Password = Global.GetKey("CredentialsPassword");

Credentials.Domain = Global.GetKey("CredentialsDomain");

_service = new CrmSdk.Metadata.MetadataService();

_service.Url = Global.GetKey("MetadataServiceURL");

_service.CrmAuthenticationTokenValue = Token;

_service.Credentials = Credentials;

Is there a secured option?

Thanks in advance.

Wednesday, November 5, 2008 2:12 PM

Answers

• Hi Zinno,

If that is able to connect that you probably are ok with regard to how you've set up authentication. Unless you're asked to provide explicit credentials with that tool, I would assume it is using default credentials.

Have you been able to add the web reference to MS CRM? Did it specify that you supply credentials?

I'll look for a sample that may work.

Cheers,

karlo

Thursday, November 6, 2008 5:53 PM
  • I fixed it. I had to do with the IFD.

Solution:

-C:\Microsoft Dynamics CRM\Tools\CRM4IFDTool.exe Start,
    -"Authentication Strategy" change "IFD+On Premise" to "On Premise"
    -File=>Apply changes

Good luck!

Monday, November 10, 2008 3:50 PM

All replies

• By SaaS do you mean you are trying to connect to CRM Online?  If so, that requires an authentication type of 'Passport' ( = 1).

-Pat

Wednesday, November 5, 2008 8:13 PM
  • The SaaS evironment has got Internet Facing Deployment.

Wednesday, November 5, 2008 8:32 PM
  •  

Hmm, maybe you should be using 'Spla' AuthenticationType then:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb955408.aspx

Wednesday, November 5, 2008 8:46 PM
  • Hi Zinno,

What method of identification are you using at the IIS level? I believe for SSL it needs to be basic. (If you're still stuck after changin the auth type).

Cheers,

Karlo
    Wednesday, November 5, 2008 10:36 PM
  • I tried all the AuthenticationTypes. Still not working.

IIS level: Integrated Windows Authentication

Thursday, November 6, 2008 8:21 AM
  • Hi Zinno,

Could you chase the auth type to Basic? I don't believe integrated will work with SSL.

Cheers,

Karlo
    Thursday, November 6, 2008 2:47 PM
  •  Karlo S wrote:
    Hi Zinno,

Could you chase the auth type to Basic? I don't believe integrated will work with SSL.

Cheers,

Karlo

Nope Still not working.

If I use the FetchXML tool from Stunnware, I can connect to server.  But what is he doing different?

Thursday, November 6, 2008 3:36 PM
  • Hi Zinno,

If that is able to connect that you probably are ok with regard to how you've set up authentication. Unless you're asked to provide explicit credentials with that tool, I would assume it is using default credentials.

Have you been able to add the web reference to MS CRM? Did it specify that you supply credentials?

Cheers,

karlo

Thursday, November 6, 2008 5:53 PM
  •  Karlo S wrote:
    Hi Zinno,

Cheers,

karlo

In the FetchXml tool I've to enter my credentials. I enter the same as in my console application. But with the FetchXml tool it works. I cannot make a webreference to the server. I'll get this error: The HTML document does not contain Web service discovery information.

Url: https://mySaas.net/MSCrmServices/2007/CrmServiceWsdl.aspx (fake address)

Thursday, November 6, 2008 6:39 PM
  • I fixed it. I had to do with the IFD.

Solution:

-C:\Microsoft Dynamics CRM\Tools\CRM4IFDTool.exe Start,
    -"Authentication Strategy" change "IFD+On Premise" to "On Premise"
    -File=>Apply changes

Good luck!

Monday, November 10, 2008 3:50 PM
  • Yeah, I'm trying exactly the same thing, I have everything else, but I cannot add Web Reference - I click Add Service Reference->Advanced->Add Web Reference and type in as URL: https://xxx.hostedmscrm.com/MSCRMServices/2007/SPLA/CrmDiscoveryService.asmx?WSDL and I receive the message HTML document does not contain Web service discovery information.

and the "mini browser" shows:

"CrmDiscoveryService" Description

Methods

• Execute ( Request As Request ) As Response
      Executes requests using a message-based approach. The Execute method takes a message request class as a parameter and returns a message response class.
    so it's connected. Now, why it's not picking up WSDL?
    Saturday, January 17, 2009 12:54 AM
  •  

Can you also Save the WSDL to a file. And then refer to your file. This worked for me.
    Tuesday, January 20, 2009 10:05 AM