Outlook Connector to CRM On-Premise stopped working RRS feed

• Question

• Without any known cause, my Outlook connector to CRM On-Premise stopped working.  No other user is having this problem.  It indicated that it could not authenticate my credentials.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled the latest version of the connector.  When I try to configure it in Outlook using the same URL that works in IE, I get the following error:

"Cannot connect to Microsoft Dynamics CRM server because we cannot authenticate your credentials.  Check your connection or contact your administrator for more help."

In the event log, here is the error message:

"10:32:13|  Error| Error connecting to URL: My URL here/XRMServices/2011/Discovery.svc Exception: Microsoft.Crm.CrmException: Authentication failed
       at Microsoft.Crm.Outlook.ClientAuth.ClaimsBasedAuthProvider`1.AuthenticateClaims()
       at Microsoft.Crm.Outlook.ClientAuth.ClaimsBasedAuthProvider`1.SignIn()
       at Microsoft.Crm.Outlook.ClientAuth.ClientAuthProvidersFactory`1.SignIn(Uri endPoint, Credential credentials, AuthUIMode uiMode, IClientOrganizationContext context, Form parentWindow, Boolean retryOnError)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Application.Outlook.Config.DeploymentsInfo.DeploymentInfo.LoadOrganizations(AuthUIMode uiMode, Form parentWindow, Credential credentials)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Application.Outlook.Config.DeploymentsInfo.InternalLoadOrganizations(OrganizationDetailCollection orgs, AuthUIMode uiMode, Form parentWindow)

Any suggestions?

Wednesday, May 8, 2013 3:40 PM

Answers

• I stumbled across the problem.  My desktop's clock was 5 minutes off from the CRM server clock.  Which prevented me from authenticating.  I changed my PC clock and problem solved!  We have now set the domain to synchronize clocks for all PCs.
    Monday, May 13, 2013 1:36 PM

All replies