launchpad client change URL of remote web access RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all hoping that someone can help me

I have the launhpad installed, and when you click onto the remote web access it trys and connects to HTTPS://remote.servername/remote

is their a way to change this url to something else like portal.servername.com

I don't have the remote web access setup but I do have my own site setup for this, and I just want to point the url to that one

thanks

andrew

Tuesday, January 12, 2016 10:59 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Remote Web Access on client’s side LAUCHPAD is related with the RWA configuration on server’s side. As we know that most functions on Essentials server are highly integrated. If you enable and configure the RWA on server side, then, click the Remote Web Access icon on LAUCHPAD will open corresponding RWA page(defined by yourself) which you have configured.

If the portal.servername.com is your corporate’s official website or anything similar, based on my technology, I have not found the resolution, and I have not found any official document which has described about this. 

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, January 13, 2016 9:15 AM
  • thank you.

I did think that would be the case, which is a shame, as it would of been a good way to place a "quick link" to the company support site

thanks anyhow

Wednesday, January 13, 2016 9:47 AM