I keep getting "Fault bucket 1260031529" on WHS. No description can be found online. RRS feed

• Question

• I cannot find anything anywhere describing my "Fault bucket 1260031529" problem. The problem occurs right after booting up my WHS.
    Saturday, November 7, 2009 12:35 AM

All replies

• I cannot find anything anywhere describing my "Fault bucket 1260031529" problem. The problem occurs right after booting up my WHS.

I have to admit that I've never heard of anyone posting that message in this forum before (I guess there is always a new error message to learn :)  ).  Does the OS ever completely boot?  Where do you see that error message?  (FWIW, you might want to consider a Server Reinstallation.)
    Saturday, November 7, 2009 12:50 AM
  • Right after boot, every time. I see the error in the application event viewer, with other DCOM errors, wmccds.exe errors, volume shadow copy errors, system index catalog errors; I could go on...

The idea was to have a robust backup solution for home. I thought being that WHS is based upon Server 2003, this might be a good idea. So far this is far worse than a RAID 5 solution.

I've posted a couple time regarding various problems and having no luck.
    Saturday, November 7, 2009 1:25 AM
  • Please share specifics on what hardware you have.  Is this prebuilt or build-your-own?
    Saturday, November 7, 2009 1:46 AM
  • Box 1 - ECS mobo, Celeron 430 1.8Ghz, 2Gb ram, Hitachi deathstar 1000, WHS SP 2. Built it myself with left-overs on the cheap to try WHS. Constant indexing and corrupted file problems on my 250Gb of music. I also use it to stream to my Xbox. Connects fine to everything but Win 7.

Box 2 - Intel Q6600, Asus mobo, 4 Gb ram, 3x500Gb RAID 0, Win 7 Home Premium x64 (released). All worked fine with Vista then I migrated to Win 7 RTM.
    Saturday, November 7, 2009 2:59 AM
  • Box 1 - ECS mobo, Celeron 430 1.8Ghz, 2Gb ram, Hitachi deathstar 1000, WHS SP 2. Built it myself with left-overs on the cheap to try WHS.

Honestly, that's never a good idea (especially on a device where you would, in theory anyway, store your most valuable documents, such as irreplaceable photos, personal tax documents, etc.).  I don't know how many times people have tried to cheapen the cost of their server by using old, worn-out parts and had issues (even I did that during the WHS beta).  When WHS went RTM, I ended up buying all new parts and everything has been working fine for 2+ years.

Constant indexing and corrupted file problems on my 250Gb of music. I also use it to stream to my Xbox. Connects fine to everything but Win 7.

Box 2 - Intel Q6600, Asus mobo, 4 Gb ram, 3x500Gb RAID 0, Win 7 Home Premium x64 (released). All worked fine with Vista then I migrated to Win 7 RTM.
    At this point you really should do a Server Reinstallation (just to wipe the slate clean), and install only drivers that are necessary in order for WHS to function (NIC, storage, etc.; not video for example) and only the critical updates for WHS by using the Update Now button in the Console.
    Saturday, November 7, 2009 2:42 PM