Could not load file or assembly 'FlashControl' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,
     Can someone please help me out, i'm fairly new to visual studio and cannot figure how to solve this problem. 

I recently try to use a Flash Control to dynamically run flash objects such as movies.
    So i register the dll and load it in the toolbox to import it in my project.
    Actually, the control works fine locally but once I deploy it to my server, it does not work anymore.
    I made some research and discover that because the falsh control is for 2.0 version of ASP.net i had to make sure that the hoster support ASP.NET 2.0 or check in IIS if the virtual folder was set as an ASP.NET 2.0 app, what i did. But, i still got the same error, what did i do wrong?

Here is the complete error message:

********************************************************************************************************************************************
      Server Error in '/' Application.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Parser Error
    Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Could not load file or assembly 'FlashControl' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Source Error:

Line 2:
    Line 3:
    Line 4: <%@ Register assembly="FlashControl" namespace="Bewise.Web.UI.WebControls" tagprefix="Bewise" %>
    Line 5:
    Line 6:

Assembly Load Trace: The following information can be helpful to determine why the assembly 'FlashControl' could not be loaded.

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
    To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
    Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
    To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.1433; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.1433

********************************************************************************************************************************************

Thanks in advance.
    • Edited by gains.b Friday, June 6, 2008 7:30 PM mistake in the message
    • Moved by carlpro Sunday, June 8, 2008 2:13 AM Not posted to correct forum
    Friday, June 6, 2008 7:28 PM

Answers