Is it safe to remove programs from \software\add-ins after a program has been installed? RRS feed

• Question

•  Is it safe to remove programs from \software\add-ins after a program has been installed? Will this make a difference ifI go to uninstall the program at a later date? To me this sounds fine as it would be in any other Windows environment. I just don't want to mess up WHS. Thanks
    Tuesday, December 16, 2008 3:56 AM

Answers

• If an Add-In will not find it's installation source, uninstall (or a necessary repair) can fail, so it is not recommended to delete the setup components of currently installed Add-Ins.
    Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf
    Tuesday, December 16, 2008 7:21 AM

All replies

• If an Add-In will not find it's installation source, uninstall (or a necessary repair) can fail, so it is not recommended to delete the setup components of currently installed Add-Ins.
    Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf
    Tuesday, December 16, 2008 7:21 AM
  • While keeping this is mind, I would like to keep all software in a certain folder and not have another copy in Add-ins. If I remember to placethe same file back in add-in will that work if uninstalliton is nessecary? Thanks
    Tuesday, December 16, 2008 3:21 PM
  • You should not remove the installer for an installed add-in from the Add-ins folder. 
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Tuesday, December 16, 2008 3:31 PM
  • Okay then I do not want the program. So I can uninstall it from the Add-Ins tab and then delete the file from the Add-Ins folder safely? Thanks
    Tuesday, December 16, 2008 4:13 PM
  • That's correct.

-Chris
    [If this post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" or "Helpful" button at the top of this message. By marking a post as Answered, or Helpful you help others find the answer faster.]
    Tuesday, December 16, 2008 4:24 PM