help on CRM outlook client installatio trouble RRS feed

• Question

• Dear all,

I have install CRM server 4.0 workgroup on my SBS server 2003. I can access the CRM portal from my server within explorer without any trouble.
    Then from my client side, I am aslo able to access my server CRM portale from internet explorer.

Problem I have is that when I try to install the CRM client for outlook, during installation steps I inform the wizard about the url as :
    "http://solatys:5555/SOLATYS"

When when proceeding installation, I get an error saying :

"the file /MSCRMServrices/2007/AD/CrmDiscoveryService.asmx does not exist"

Thnaks for you help
    regards
    serge
    Your experience is build from the one of others
    Saturday, July 11, 2009 8:52 AM

Answers

• Ensure that the user can access CRM from the browser and perform the same action from the Web browser.  If so, you can download the Diag tool, turn Dev errors on and re-create the issue to see if you receive a more descriptive error message.  You can also check the event viewer on the user machine to see if there are errors, and one additional option is to run the Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 Diagnostic Wizard located under programs files on the user machine to gain more insight.

We need more information about the error to assist.  Users are not required to be in the Admin group on the machine in order to perform CRM functions from Outlook.
    Best Regards, Donna
    Tuesday, July 14, 2009 11:45 PM

All replies

• trouble solved, I should pplace in the url only the part http://solatys:5555 in order to install the client

Saturday, July 11, 2009 9:00 AM
  • I manage to install outlook client on both of my PC connected to my crm server, but now what happen is that on one of my Pc's when adding CRm entries from outlook client ( for instance adding a new lead an from New record CRM toolbar), I get an error that it can not perform that operation and stop.

The PC where i face this error is a PC where the login user is not member f administrator domain. for the other PC where it is working , the login user is member of administartor domain.

Any idea, where this domaine user must be attached if it is not an admin ?

Please not that in CRM server setting, user roles, both users have same rights

thanks for help
    regards
    serge
    Tuesday, July 14, 2009 9:41 AM
  • Ensure that the user can access CRM from the browser and perform the same action from the Web browser.  If so, you can download the Diag tool, turn Dev errors on and re-create the issue to see if you receive a more descriptive error message.  You can also check the event viewer on the user machine to see if there are errors, and one additional option is to run the Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 Diagnostic Wizard located under programs files on the user machine to gain more insight.

We need more information about the error to assist.  Users are not required to be in the Admin group on the machine in order to perform CRM functions from Outlook.
    Best Regards, Donna
    Tuesday, July 14, 2009 11:45 PM