Can't access some shared sub folders RRS feed

• Question

• I have 3 accounts on my Home Server.  My own which has full read/write capabilities.  Then the 2 others which mostly have only read capabiliites for the folders.  They can access all the folders I give them permission to see but for some reason there are some subfolders that they can't access.  It tells them they have been restricted from accessing those folders.  I have tried to enable/disable accounts on whs.  I have tried giving them full permission and removing it with no luck. 

This is happening all computers/devices that try and access with there user/pass info.  Anyone have any suggestions on how I can fix this?
    Wednesday, February 25, 2009 2:50 PM

All replies

• No answer, sorry, but this reminds me on the description in this thread.
    Maybe something (Software) or somebody messed with permissions of the folders directly (which is not supported).
    Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf
    Wednesday, February 25, 2009 3:52 PM
  • Ilan Silver said:

I have 3 accounts on my Home Server.  My own which has full read/write capabilities.  Then the 2 others which mostly have only read capabiliites for the folders.  They can access all the folders I give them permission to see but for some reason there are some subfolders that they can't access.  It tells them they have been restricted from accessing those folders.  I have tried to enable/disable accounts on whs.  I have tried giving them full permission and removing it with no luck. 

This is happening all computers/devices that try and access with there user/pass info.  Anyone have any suggestions on how I can fix this?

Have you (or someone else) changed the security settings on the subfolders?  Can you look at the security tab for the folders in question and post the results here?
    Thursday, February 26, 2009 1:24 AM