Is there a way to send email via the exchange server in another domain? RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi there,

I don't have a exchange server in my CRM domain. Can I configure my CRM to send email via the exchange server in another domain?

Or is there other approach to send email in my CRM without exchange server?

thanks,

Alan

Tuesday, December 9, 2008 8:38 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Alan,

Yes you can configure MS CRM to send and recieve emails without an exchange in your domain.

Please download and read the possible solutions from the URL below:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=8ea05b4e-825a-4db1-ad59-d894aa5ef33e&DisplayLang=en

This will answer all your questions about the router configuration without exchange/POP account setup.

regards,

Hassan.

Tuesday, December 9, 2008 9:09 PM
  •  

Hi Hassan,

Thank you for the quick reply.

I configured the IIS SMTP, and installed/configured the CRM email Router to send email through the SMTP server.

I just want the CRM send email to internet email address. I just created some workflows in CRM, when some operations were made, CRM would notify the related user by sending email to his/her internet email address.

But I can't receive those emails.

And I tried sending email in CRM manually. Looks like the emails in CRM are sent successfully. (status reason = sent)

But I still can't receive those emails.

I have the CRM4, IIS6 and email Router installed on the same win2003 server (without Internet IP).

Is there any problem on SMTP setting?

Thanks,

Alan

Thursday, December 11, 2008 3:53 AM
  • Hi Alan,

As long as users have accounts on the exchange I belive it is possible. Please read the blog below:

regards,
    Hassan.
    Thursday, December 11, 2008 9:28 AM
  •  

Hi Hassan,

Thank you very much.

since the exchange server is in another domain, I tried using local SMTP server.

But now I found that I still can use the exchange server in another domain for email router outgoing setting.

That's great.

Regards,

Alan

Friday, December 12, 2008 1:00 AM