Jack Cook@Experience Mobility a/k/a Help_Line RRS feed

• General discussion

• Dear Mr. Cook,

Even though you are listed as Moderator MVP in the Outlook Mobile FAQ, I find it very telling that you do not (1) allow replies to any of your postings, (2) that you do not list any email contact address either at this Forum nor at www.experiencemobility.com.  So I have to try to reach you this way.

This, in my mind, raises a lot of red flags.

In addition, I find it extremely distburbing that there are SO many help requests out here on this Forum that go completely unanswered -- either by Microsoft and/or the moderators.

I realize that Microsoft is absolutely not interested in the end-user experience because the end-users do not pay Microsoft -- the vendors do.  But giving all these Forum users who are genuinly are seeking assistance the very obvious "removed" is tasteless and hypocritical.

If you cannot do -- or want to do -- the job as moderator or function as an ombudsman for frustrated and puzzled end-users, maybe it's time to let go of the pride and pass the torch to someone who will.

Thank you.

Daniel Long

Thursday, March 20, 2008 1:38 AM

All replies

•  

I'm so sorry that you feel the need to write this post - we all try so hard here to help all the people who post questions. We all simply want to help people as much as we can.

Is there a particular post of yours that you still need help with?

Sunday, March 23, 2008 9:22 PM
  • Hi Daniel,

I am sorry that you indeed feel this way and I am not sure where this is all coming from in regards to Help LIne.

We all are trying our best to give people the answers they need and can use. We ,of course, are all volunteers on these community forums and we spend great amount of time to help.

We ,of course, don't always have all the answers as we don't always have all the time of the day.

Due to many devices and providers with original and tweaked roms there are many little [roblems that we can not reproduce and are having a hard time to direct our readers to the right solution.

Please let us know which questions you have in regards to problems with your device and we can see if we can help you.

Best Regard

Sunday, March 23, 2008 9:43 PM
  • Greetings Mr. Long!   Welcome to the Windows Mobile forums!

I too am greatly saddened to read of your discontentment with the current state of the forums.  I consider them to be one of the best resources for WM users, and as has been pointed out previously, we are all volunteers doing what we can to help out.

Knowing that everyone here has committed an incredible amount of time to helping out others in the forums (which is obvious from this link of top answerers), it appears that common fact is in total conflict with your observations, and paints your "REMOVED" and "if you cannot do or want to do the job" statements as being patently false.

Regarding the lack of contact issue, I feel perfectly content that since we are all volunteers, that we have no requirement to provide to you with a direct method to connect to us, especially since this would short-circuit the existing method users may use to reach us with their questions, instead of posting them in the general forums where everyone can benefit from the discussion and probable resolution of the issue.

I will be the first to admit that a lot of questions go unanswered.  I am genuinely sorry about this, but there is nothing I can do about it, nor would I blame anyone else who volunteers here for it either.  I could probably spend more time helping-out around here, but then I volunteer at two other websites on top of this one, plus I have a full-time day job and a side job as a consultant.   I'm sure the same can be said for all of the other major contributors.

I am most saddened to not see any hyperlink to a pre-existing question that presumably went unanswered, which was the central cause of your complaint.   If you can provide this information, I'm sure that one of us Volunteers will do our best to assist you further!

Monday, March 24, 2008 2:47 AM
  • Hello DaDaniel2,

I have been checking your posts on this forum and found that one was marked as answered. The others have been answered or a reply has been posted. If you are not satisfied with the replies, I invite you to go through them and when you have a minute, post an update. We are all ready to help you. Thanks.

The link below regroups all the posts you made to this forum. It will be easier for you to go through them:

http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsMobile/Search/Search.aspx?words=&CSVUserID=MTEwNTQxMQ==&SiteID=65

Linley.

Tuesday, March 25, 2008 10:46 AM
  • Jack... sorry Jack... but I agree with DaDaniel2. You should come and reply to every single post or thread in this and all other forums where you are a member. No matter if you don´t know the answer or you don´t have anything to say - if that´s the case just post a happy face , it always work.

Wednesday, March 26, 2008 12:01 PM
  • Smile

Why didn't I think of that Ctitanic!  lol!

DaDaniel2, looking at your posts it is hard to believe that you could make your comments but if we have missed a point you and Dave feel is important, let us know and we will try to address it.

Wednesday, March 26, 2008 11:23 PM
  •  ctitanic wrote:

Jack... sorry Jack... but I agree with DaDaniel2. You should come and reply to every single post or thread in this and all other forums where you are a member. No matter if you don´t know the answer or you don´t have anything to say - if that´s the case just post a happy face , it always work.

Thank you!  It's been my position -- with myself -- that if I volunteer for something I do it fully and completely -- not piece meal.  As they say, "Either fish or cut bait."
    Thursday, March 27, 2008 8:49 PM
  • DaDaniel2 - I really don't understand your problem here.

Thursday, March 27, 2008 9:05 PM
  •  Elrendhel wrote:

Greetings Mr. Long!   Welcome to the Windows Mobile forums!

I too am greatly saddened to read of your discontentment with the current state of the forums.  I consider them to be one of the best resources for WM users, and as has been pointed out previously, we are all volunteers doing what we can to help out.

Knowing that everyone here has committed an incredible amount of time to helping out others in the forums (which is obvious from this link of top answerers), it appears that common fact is in total conflict with your observations, and paints your "REMOVED" and "if you cannot do or want to do the job" statements as being patently false.

Regarding the lack of contact issue, I feel perfectly content that since we are all volunteers, that we have no requirement to provide to you with a direct method to connect to us, especially since this would short-circuit the existing method users may use to reach us with their questions, instead of posting them in the general forums where everyone can benefit from the discussion and probable resolution of the issue.

I will be the first to admit that a lot of questions go unanswered.  I am genuinely sorry about this, but there is nothing I can do about it, nor would I blame anyone else who volunteers here for it either.  I could probably spend more time helping-out around here, but then I volunteer at two other websites on top of this one, plus I have a full-time day job and a side job as a consultant.   I'm sure the same can be said for all of the other major contributors.

I am most saddened to not see any hyperlink to a pre-existing question that presumably went unanswered, which was the central cause of your complaint.   If you can provide this information, I'm sure that one of us Volunteers will do our best to assist you further!

"

"Knowing that everyone here has committed an incredible amount of time to helping out others in the forums (which is obvious from this link of top answerers), it appears that common fact is in total conflict with your observations, and paints your "REMOVED" and "if you cannot do or want to do the job" statements as being patently false."

First, I do not understand why you, in particular, have to be so defensive -- this was addressed to Jack Cook - no one else.

Second, this is a personal observation.  Whether or not you agree with it is entirely besides the point and completely not of interest to me.

Third, you say, "
    I could probably spend more time helping-out around here, but then I volunteer at two other websites on top of this one, plus I have a full-time day job and a side job as a consultant.   I'm sure the same can be said for all of the other major contributors."  In response I can only say, "the defense rests."  Don't do this if you do not have the time.  And if you do this, don't get all defensive -- after all, you volunteer; nobody's holding a gun to your head.

Fourth, you say, "am most saddened to not see any hyperlink to a pre-existing question that presumably went unanswered, which was the central cause of your complaint."  This is not just about me, but about the numerous and endless number of postings that go unanswered -- just check around on these Windows Mobile forums.  A simple search would have shown you the issues I have yet to see a workable response to are:

http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsMobile/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2982162&SiteID=65
    http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsMobile/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2995632&SiteID=65
    http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsMobile/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=3075959&SiteID=65
    http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsMobile/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2815468&SiteID=65

And lastly, I am at a complete loss that not more of Microsoft's support team are actually involved in these forums.  THAT's the major REMOVEDI -- and, no doubt, many others -- are receiving.

Thursday, March 27, 2008 9:06 PM
  • Daniel

I saw these messages and blogged about it here I feel your pain about Jack. Unfortunate that you couldn't get your question answered by him but I will definitely answer the question..

For you email issues

Select Active Sync (Assuming you are using exchange)

In server settings in ActiveSync click on email and then select settings. There you will see a download size limit which you can now select entire message...

On the other side you are noticing some of the flaws of Windows Mobile that we all suffer from these days. 

Thank you
    David Ciccone
    Owner

Thursday, March 27, 2008 10:58 PM
  •  Dave Ciccone wrote:

For you email issues

In server settings in ActiveSync click on email and then select settings. There you will see a download size limit which you can now select entire message...

On the other side you are noticing some of the flaws of Windows Mobile that we all suffer from these days. 

Thank you
    David Ciccone
    Owner

Dave, 

Welcome to our forums. Great for you to show up and help us out. That's what community forums are for, as you know very well.  The more users we have together, the more answers/help we as a community can give to each other. The more the better.

But as you know this helpfull material should probably have been posted here, instead of in this thread.

Thank you again

Dave Ciccone wrote:
    Daniel

I saw these messages and blogged about it here I feel your pain about Jack. Unfortunate that you couldn't get your question answered by him but I will definitely answer the question..

Thank you
    David Ciccone
    Owner

As for your first post on these forums and your first comment above refering to your Blog, it seem to us that you have been following/tracking this with some special personal interest and like to add some fuel to this thread. I am not going to agree or disagree, but this is something between you and Jack and does not belong on these public forums.  Our Job as a Moderator is not just to guide people to the answers but also to keep this clean and polite.

To Dave and Da Daniel,

If you feel like contributing some assistance, you are more than welcome too. Please let us know.

If you are not interested, let us know some resources we can tap into from your sites to help the community on these forums.

Let's end this and respect each other in helping the community in their own personal way without criticizing the other. And, of course, keep the postings relevant to the possible solutions our community members need to have with their Windows Mobile devices.

Friday, March 28, 2008 1:25 AM
  •  Laura Rooke wrote:

DaDaniel2 - I really don't understand your problem here.

You wouldn't.
    Sunday, March 30, 2008 3:01 AM
  •  Dave Ciccone wrote:
    Daniel

For you email issues

Thank you
    David Ciccone
    Owner

Dear Mr. Ciccone,

Read your blog and found it tremendously interesting and insightful.

Thank you for your understanding,

Daniel
    Sunday, March 30, 2008 3:03 AM