One Care Version 2.0.2392.4 - no update for my computer RRS feed

• Question

• Good to read about these improvements, but why has mine not been updated?

After a long wait I had to uninstall and reinstall to get the last update!

Also I am a subscriber to Ver 1.5 which runs till after Ver 2 will go out of beta

I currently have a paid subsciption to Ver 1.5 and a free on expiring eallier to  Ver 2 beta

Will I need to un and reinstall then or will Microsaoft Magic take care of that?

Saturday, November 3, 2007 6:29 PM

Answers

• Ray, if you have OneCare running version 1.5 and not 1.6 on your PC, you need to reinstall OneCare to get the latest released code of 1.6.x on your PC to be ready to take the upgrade to 2.0 when it is released. There have been a few cases of people being stuck at 1.5 with the status green and OneCare functioning - the cause of this is unknown.

If you are running the 2.0 beta on any machine, it will need to be uninstalled at the end of the beta and the released version installed and activated.

-steve

Sunday, November 4, 2007 6:55 PM

All replies

• Ray, if you have OneCare running version 1.5 and not 1.6 on your PC, you need to reinstall OneCare to get the latest released code of 1.6.x on your PC to be ready to take the upgrade to 2.0 when it is released. There have been a few cases of people being stuck at 1.5 with the status green and OneCare functioning - the cause of this is unknown.

If you are running the 2.0 beta on any machine, it will need to be uninstalled at the end of the beta and the released version installed and activated.

-steve

Sunday, November 4, 2007 6:55 PM
  • This is helpful, but I still do not see why my ver 2.0 does not update to the latest as has happened for other people.

I suppose it is not a big problem for me as I will have to uninstall and reinstall soon when it goes out of beta, but how can I be a useful  beta tester if I have an out of date version?

Sunday, November 4, 2007 8:06 PM
  • Ah, sorry, Ray. I didn't realize that you meant that your OneCare 2.0 beta was stuck at an older build. If it doesn't update within the next few days, please post back and I'll see if someone can help and look into this for you.

-steve

Sunday, November 4, 2007 8:13 PM
  • i have 2.0 installed on my, my wife and my office machine and all 3 are still on version 2.0.2392.4 none have updated and when i click the update it sayd its current
    any ideas?
    Monday, November 5, 2007 1:14 PM
  • i just uninstalled and reinstalled seeing if that woudl change my version and NOPE still at 2.0.2392.4 so i have no clue why it will not update
    Monday, November 5, 2007 1:51 PM
  •  JJDWwii wrote:
    i just uninstalled and reinstalled seeing if that woudl change my version and NOPE still at 2.0.2392.4 so i have no clue why it will not update

2.0.2392.4 *is* the latest version available. You are up to date.

-steve

Monday, November 5, 2007 6:40 PM
  •  

ok then it must have been some thing eles. it was telling it could not update i was getting a bloon error then all of a suden it said updated was fine but the version was not differnet .. may have been trying to update the viruse and spyware files
    Tuesday, November 6, 2007 12:04 PM
  • Still not got the update and I am being nagged intolerably to update my subs!

Amber icon and popups!

Tuesday, November 6, 2007 11:54 PM
  •  Ray Wilkes wrote:

Still not got the update and I am being nagged intolerably to update my subs!

Amber icon and popups!

Ray, what is your version? Help/About

-steve

Thursday, November 8, 2007 2:05 AM
  • Steve

it is 2.0.2350.10

Ray

Thursday, November 8, 2007 8:51 AM
  • Steve

As it is so close to final release I have decided to uninstall the beta and go back to using Ver 1.6.

Apart from the update and renewal nags, my back up disc was full.

So it seemed a good time to go back to 1.6, but I am looking forward to version 2.0 final release!

I will keep looking at the forums meanwhile

Ray

Thursday, November 8, 2007 11:07 AM
  • You're at least the second person reporting here that they weren't offered the update, unfortunately. I wonder why that is?

Going back to the production version was a good move and a clean start - hopefully there will be no issues in getting the full 2.0 update from 1.6 when it is released to you!

-steve

Thursday, November 8, 2007 6:48 PM