Is it safe to Repair CRM 2013 SP1 RRS feed

• Question

• In various parts of the CRM 2013 docs it states to perform a Windows repair of CRM after configuring IFD. However as part of the repair process it prompts you for the original CRM 2013 install MSI. Since we have CRM 2013 SP1 installed, that sounds scary - we don't want to overwrite the SP1 version of the product!

So is the repair safe to do - i.e. it won't back level any code?

Or do you then have to re-install or repair SP1?

Monday, August 18, 2014 1:36 PM

Answers

• I gave "Repair" a try and I am happy to report:

1. It does fix the IFD problems mentioned - I couldn't login with CRM for Android until I did this.
    2. It doesn't rollback any of the DLL versions, so no need to reapply SP1.

Wish the documentation could have stated that to make us happier about doing this.

• Marked as answer by Caratacus Thursday, August 21, 2014 10:50 AM
    Thursday, August 21, 2014 10:50 AM

All replies

• I would always assume a re-install of services packs after a repair.  Why specifically are you repairing?  I've never done a repair install after configuring IFD.

The postings on this site are solely my own and do not represent or constitute Hitachi Solutions' positions, views, strategies or opinions.

Monday, August 18, 2014 5:26 PM
  • It is stated in various places & is a known issue.

Tuesday, August 19, 2014 12:38 PM
  • Ah, that explains it, I haven't done a tablet rollout with IFD.  Good to know. Judging from other Microsoft Products, I would think it's a safe guess you do want to re-run SP1 afterward.

The postings on this site are solely my own and do not represent or constitute Hitachi Solutions' positions, views, strategies or opinions.

Tuesday, August 19, 2014 3:33 PM
  • I gave "Repair" a try and I am happy to report:

1. It does fix the IFD problems mentioned - I couldn't login with CRM for Android until I did this.
    2. It doesn't rollback any of the DLL versions, so no need to reapply SP1.

Wish the documentation could have stated that to make us happier about doing this.

• Marked as answer by Caratacus Thursday, August 21, 2014 10:50 AM
    Thursday, August 21, 2014 10:50 AM
  • Thanks for posting confirmation, hopefully that will help others going forward.

Thursday, August 21, 2014 3:22 PM