MS Money 2001 - failure to download CIBC (Canadian Bank of Commerce) statements RRS feed

• Question

• 1.  Suddenly, Mony has stopped to download transactions:  This message informs me:  "There are no transactions available to download for the account and the date range you have selected."   {Result #U215}    Everything else functions as usual.  Any ideas?

2.  On E-Bay MS Money 2007 and earlier are offered for sale. Is there someone following the discussion, who can advice as to legitemacy and functionality? 

3  Thanks for taking the time to answer!

Richard
    • Edited by Cal LearnerModerator Wednesday, October 5, 2011 2:54 AM added bank name to attract somebody who knows CIBC
    Monday, September 19, 2011 3:26 AM

All replies

• I expect that install of Money 2007 would not work for you to download as you  did in the past.

If you want info on possibly downloading the statement, I suggest identifying the financial institution and the version of Money you are using.

Monday, September 19, 2011 3:59 AM
  • The financial Institution is CIBC (Canadian Bank of Commerce) and the version of money is 2001 contained on a disk which also contains MS Works. From reading some of the answers to people with similar problems I guess my Money has the least chance of finding a solution?

Thank you for you answer.

Richard

Richard
    Tuesday, September 20, 2011 2:33 AM
  • The financial Institution is CIBC (Canadian Bank of Commerce) and the version of money is 2001 contained on a disk which also contains MS Works. From reading some of the answers to people with similar problems I guess my Money has the least chance of finding a solution?

Richard

I have not seen that bank listed in the banks with OFX servers. So probably you would want to identify what the bank does offer, if anything, for you to download with statement info. Maybe another CIBC customer will post some more info for you.

There may be more connectivity with the business banking than the personal banking:
    https://www.cibc.com/ca/small-business/how-to-bank/online.html

https://qlc.intuit.com/post/show_full/a-9GRG35Wr37gzacfArQA8

This brings up another issue . I don't know if Money Plus Deluxe Sunset is working for Canadians with existing earlier Money files. I have been thinging that the fact that nobody said it didn't there is a good chance it would. You may be best to keep your current version if you still have the install disk. If you or one of the other Canadian users want to consider that, post. We can discuss potential methods and problems.

Tuesday, September 20, 2011 3:02 AM
  • Thank you for your almost instant replies.  The Canadian Bank of Commerce has not answer for my problem except  to point me in the direction of Microsoft.

You suggest that I keep the current version.  Should I re-install the program,  to try to fix the present problem?

Reading your suggestions I realized that my MS Money might not fit into suggested Plus Deluxe Sunset solution and therefore brought it to your attention.    I know of no way to contact other CIBC Money users in order to compare  notes.  I have come to the conclusion that I need to replace my MS Money with a later version or with Quicken, both of which are available on E-Bay.  Since Microsoft is no longer interested it does not matter how the MS Money was obtained by the seller?

Richard
    Tuesday, September 20, 2011 4:03 AM
  • I am back Cal my experiences may be useful to others there for this little report.

I deleted Microsoft Money 2001 which is on a disk together with MS Works. I then checked the registry and deleted any leftovers I found.

I then installed Quicken 2011 Cash Manager, contacted my Bank's webpage and opened my account. My attempt to download my debits and credits resulted in the getting the same message: "There are no new transactions to download!"

Help from Quicken arrived the next day.  They directed me, how to download transactions from my Bank which I followed to ensure I had not made a mistake the first time.   It  had the same result.  Quicken Cash Manager cannot download transactions.

The Quicken letter also informed me that Quicken does not provide any technical support for any conversion related issues from money files in Quicken.

Any suggestions? Thank you for your attempts to solve my problem.

Richard

Richard
    Wednesday, October 5, 2011 2:42 AM
  • I would try creating a new Quicken file with a different name, and see if that download succeeds. If that does not work, you can Quicken support to help with the CIBC downloads without mention of Microsoft Money. Then once you find the CIBC downloads succeeding, you could just copy the settings over to your converted file.

Did you try converting your Canadian Money 2001 file to Sunset? That would be needed for you to convert your file to Quicken.  It may or may not work. If you could use the netstat command, you might even be able to figure out the name of the QFX/OFX server and transfer that to PocketSense and continue using Money.  HehHeh.... Or maybe pass that to others who might want to do that.

I modified the Title of the thread to maybe attract somebody with CIBC knowledge.

Wednesday, October 5, 2011 3:06 AM
  • I created a new Quicken File in the name of my wife and followed the instr. with the same negative result.

I did not convert the file to Sunset because in the instructions Money 2001 does  not show up even though it is included in the instructions and because it is all a little above my pay grade speak head.

So are the words" netstat command" and transfer "QFX/OFX and Pocket Sense?"

Modification is gratefully accepted.

Richard
    Thursday, October 6, 2011 3:07 AM
  • Do you have a second computer to experiment with? The reason I ask is that you might want to see if you can convert your Canadian Money 2001 file to Sunset. I don't know if it would work, because I don't remember Canadian users reporting going through this proces. The process would be to first convert to the Money 2005 Deluxe trial, and then convert that to Sunset.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/913108 would have the link to the "webinst.exe" file that would put in the minimial 2005 file. You would open a copy of your 2001 file with that, and this installation would do a conversion. Then you would uninstall Money 2005 trial, and install Sunset.

So it is experimental. You may be tired out by now. Let me know if you are going to try it.

Thursday, October 6, 2011 3:26 AM
  • Thank you Cal - I intend to try your suggestion on this, my only PC.  If something goes wrong I can re-install my 2001 version and bring back my back-up.

Your "uninstall Money 2005 trial' make me assume that there is Money 2005 still out there  and being still serviced by MS? 

It's be a few days before I make the atempt, I' gett back to you.

If you have thanks-giving at the same time as we cannucks I wish you and yours a good one!

Richard

Richard
    Friday, October 7, 2011 2:48 AM
  • The Money 2005 US/North America is only a version that can create an intermediate version. The link is in that kb article I linked to. It is not a trial in the classic sense, and maybe not in any sense. I think the may have changed which file is provided as that intermediate.  Money Plus may be able to only directly read Money 2004 and later. Some report not needing the intermediate, but I think using the intermediate has a better chance.
    Friday, October 7, 2011 3:05 AM
  • I have decided to stop beating a dead horse, Cal.  It seems too complicated and chances of it being successful seem to be low.  I found Minton. Com, a free Program, which satisfied my needs somewhat.

Thank you for your help and patience.  I wish you and yours a happy thankgiving!

Richard

Richard
    Sunday, October 9, 2011 5:03 AM