Login Error: Computer clock not set correctly??? RRS feed

• Question

• When I try to log into Communicator it keeps telling me that my computer clock is not set correctly.  My clock has the correct time/day so I'm not really sure what it wants me to do.  Any suggestions?
    Monday, August 13, 2007 8:06 PM

All replies

• Hi Vitty

Have you checked the time and date on the server matches the client, if there is a 5 minute difference between the client and server I believe it will not allow you to sign in.

Cheers

Karl

Tuesday, August 14, 2007 10:22 AM
  • Yes,

The clocks are the same to within 5 seconds.  The one computer that I can get to consistently log in is actually more than 8 minutes ahead of the server time and it logs in just fine.  It seems to only happen if I sign into windows as one user and then try to log in to the Communications Server as a different user...  Not sure why this is... 
    Tuesday, August 14, 2007 2:37 PM
  • Did you check the Time zone?

Wednesday, August 15, 2007 8:24 PM
  • I'm happy to do that, and yes it then enables clients to connect, however clients in different time zones with their clocks set correctly to their time zones are having access blocked with this same error. Kind of defeats the purpose of online meetings if everyone has to be in the same timezone in order to have a meeting. Is there a workaround or patch for this?

Friday, August 17, 2007 4:08 AM
  • Did you check the time zone on your OCS server and domain controllers?  If the clients all have their time zone set correctly but the server is off, then logons will still fail.

Tuesday, August 21, 2007 2:51 AM
  • Hi Vitty,

Can you update your status? Is this still an issue? Are you able to upgrade to RTM and test it?

Wednesday, September 19, 2007 8:10 PM
  • Hi!

If you are in Brazil or any other contry that use "random" Daylight Saving, you need a patch from MS. Or you can use TZONE if your windows is 2000/xp....

After apply the patch, the problem is solved

I`ve this problem too...

Regards,

Tuesday, October 16, 2007 3:09 PM
  • Emerson,

I´m brazilian, and i need a help with this error.. what´s the patch from MS? Can you have the link?

tks,

Wednesday, October 29, 2008 7:58 PM
  • What's your OS?

Regards,

Thursday, October 30, 2008 12:45 PM
  • WINXP SP2 BR

tks,
    Thursday, October 30, 2008 6:30 PM
  • Friday, October 31, 2008 8:14 PM