Workflow question regarding picklist value RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I created a custom field in the Account entity nml esc_Saluation.
    This field is a picklist...

Then i added the same field to the Contact entity, it has the same name here esc_Saluation.

Now i created a workflow that when you create a new account, the system automatically creates a contactperson based on the account.

Now this all works perfect but i don't see an option to copy the Picklist value from Account to Contact??

Is it a setting somewhere or something like that that allows you to copy picklist values between entities throug a workflow?

The same with default fields... For example you have the Field adresstype on the AccountCard.
    When i would like to copy this field to a new contactperson through a workflow, how to do that?

Monday, February 23, 2009 3:47 PM

Answers

• Unfortanately, the workflow actions 'Update Record' and 'Create Record' can't be used to change or set picklist values.

Regards, Neil
    Monday, February 23, 2009 3:51 PM

All replies

• Unfortanately, the workflow actions 'Update Record' and 'Create Record' can't be used to change or set picklist values.

Regards, Neil
    Monday, February 23, 2009 3:51 PM
  • damn, that sucks :p

Well, i guess nothing else to do about it then creating a lookup for it instead of a picklist...

Thanks for the answer

Tuesday, February 24, 2009 9:44 AM
  • Hi,

You can use IF conditions for each possible picklist value.With three possible picklist values this was easy enough.  Larger picklists could be handled the same way but would take a fair bit of workflow building.  The IF conditions check the parent entity’s picklist value and each IF has its own Create Record step to create the child record with the appropriate picklist value.

Regards,
    Riyazuddin.
    CRM Consultant.

Mohammad Riyazuddin CRM Consultant

Saturday, November 17, 2012 8:07 AM