Live Folder Renaming RRS feed

• Question

• I don't know if this is an bug, but when I rename a folder on the Live Desktop, the change of name does not filter down to the folders that were created on my PC.  I noticed that the name of the Live folder in the Sync settings changed, but I would prefer if the actual folder name changed as well.  Is there a reason this is not the case?

Thanks.
    Tuesday, May 20, 2008 7:22 PM

Answers

• Zathrus42 said:

I don't know if this is an bug, but when I rename a folder on the Live Desktop, the change of name does not filter down to the folders that were created on my PC.  I noticed that the name of the Live folder in the Sync settings changed, but I would prefer if the actual folder name changed as well.  Is there a reason this is not the case?

Thanks.

In the "Notifier" in the "Manage folders" section if you click on a folder that is not synched locally you will have the option to synch it with any folder name you wish.

The default name is the same as the folder on Live Mesh, but it's possible to override.

I like the added flexibility  - since I don't typically rename folders it's not a big issue for me to rename them separately, but if you had a lot of machines I could see how it could be a pain.

It might make more sense to default to keeping the names the same everywhere - unless the user overrides the name of the synched folder by renaming it on a local machine.

"We're all in it together, kid." - Harry Tuttle, Heating Engineer
    Tuesday, May 20, 2008 7:35 PM