none
Need to delete my own theread RRS feed

• Question

• Please guide me how delete my own thread. However its mark as an answer but due to some reason wanted to remove it.

Regards, Dipak Borole SME

Wednesday, July 4, 2012 11:06 AM

Answers

• How do I delete my posts?
    To delete your post, go to the thread's page and click the Delete located next in the tool strip beneath the post, click Delete, type the reason for deletion, and then click OK. To cancel the deletion, click Cancel. Note that you will not be able to delete the post if the post has one or more replies. In such cases, submit a request for deleting the post to the moderator. You can delete any posted reply as long as it is not marked as an answer or proposed answer. To work around this, you can unmark it as an answer first. However, the thread can only be deleted if there were no replies to it or the user is a moderator.

Why am I unable to delete my post?
    You will not be able to delete your post if:

Vincenzo Di Russo
    Microsoft® MVP Windows Internet Explorer, Windows & Security Expert - since 2003.
    Moderator in the Microsoft Answers and TechNet Forums
    My MVP Profile

• Proposed as answer by Hasham Niaz Wednesday, July 4, 2012 2:58 PM
    • Marked as answer by Hasham Niaz Saturday, July 7, 2012 9:31 PM
    Wednesday, July 4, 2012 11:46 AM

All replies

• How do I delete my posts?
    To delete your post, go to the thread's page and click the Delete located next in the tool strip beneath the post, click Delete, type the reason for deletion, and then click OK. To cancel the deletion, click Cancel. Note that you will not be able to delete the post if the post has one or more replies. In such cases, submit a request for deleting the post to the moderator. You can delete any posted reply as long as it is not marked as an answer or proposed answer. To work around this, you can unmark it as an answer first. However, the thread can only be deleted if there were no replies to it or the user is a moderator.

Why am I unable to delete my post?
    You will not be able to delete your post if:

Vincenzo Di Russo
    Microsoft® MVP Windows Internet Explorer, Windows & Security Expert - since 2003.
    Moderator in the Microsoft Answers and TechNet Forums
    My MVP Profile

• Proposed as answer by Hasham Niaz Wednesday, July 4, 2012 2:58 PM
    • Marked as answer by Hasham Niaz Saturday, July 7, 2012 9:31 PM
    Wednesday, July 4, 2012 11:46 AM
  • Hi Vincenzo,

Please note have read the FAQs however due to some reason I want to remove the thread. And Moderator must be having rights for it.

Regards,

Dipak Borole

Regards, Dipak Borole SME

Wednesday, July 4, 2012 12:16 PM
  • Moderator does have rights to do so, but it is a very rare occurrence when the threads are deleted if they already had answers. People spent time answering, so it will not be fair to them to remove the thread.

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

• Edited by Naomi N Wednesday, July 4, 2012 4:14 PM
    Wednesday, July 4, 2012 4:13 PM