Email from CRM Online to O365 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Our company started using Office 365 recently. In addition I am looking into CRM 2011 Online. I am using the 30 day trail now.

I am trying to send an email from CRM. But it does not get send without me running Outlook locally. I want to be able to send it without running Outlook, via O365.

I found an option in the user profile telling to send it via the 'Email router'.

Now I expect to be able to find the config for the Email router somewhere in the admin section. But either I am not looking in the right direction or there is something I am missing.

I have found a few articles about installing it seperalty, but I have the idea these are about an on premise installation.

Can somebody shed some light on this? Or point me to a source with appropriate documentation.

Thank you.

Ton

Wednesday, March 21, 2012 3:19 PM

Answers

• The Email router is a separate piece of software you will need to install on a separate server that will need to be configured to connect to your CRM and your Office 365 instance.

Download link: http://download.cnet.com/Microsoft-Dynamics-CRM-2011-E-mail-Router-64-bit/3000-2652_4-75453811.html 

To my knowledge, there is not yet an online version of the email router to go with CRM Online and Office 365.

The postings on this site are solely my own and do not represent or constitute Hitachi Consulting's positions, views, strategies or opinions.

• Marked as answer by tvdpol Thursday, March 22, 2012 9:45 AM
    Wednesday, March 21, 2012 11:21 PM

All replies

• The Email router is a separate piece of software you will need to install on a separate server that will need to be configured to connect to your CRM and your Office 365 instance.

Download link: http://download.cnet.com/Microsoft-Dynamics-CRM-2011-E-mail-Router-64-bit/3000-2652_4-75453811.html 

To my knowledge, there is not yet an online version of the email router to go with CRM Online and Office 365.

The postings on this site are solely my own and do not represent or constitute Hitachi Consulting's positions, views, strategies or opinions.

• Marked as answer by tvdpol Thursday, March 22, 2012 9:45 AM
    Wednesday, March 21, 2012 11:21 PM
  • I thought the idea of online systems was that you do not need to host servers yourself.

If the email router is not the way to go, does somebody else know a way to send email from CRM via O365 and the other way around?

What I want to achieve:

If I use a pc I do not normally use, eg when I am visiting somewhere, I still want to be able to send an email using CRM online.

Thursday, March 22, 2012 8:28 AM
  • Hi,

The only way is to use the email router. It can be run on any PC which is connected to internet, you don't need server.

we can host email router for you on our servers. We do it for quite a few customers already. If you are interested, please let me know.

Email router hosting is free if you state our company as a partner of record for you CRM online.

Michal

Thursday, March 22, 2012 9:09 AM
  • Thanks for the offer. For now I will host it myself. We do have some servers running so that's not the issue.

Ton

Thursday, March 22, 2012 9:47 AM