Remote Admin Console doesn't stay open RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all,

I've set up a Vail box to play around on and am having a problem access the remote admin console.  When I click connect in the web interface I am asked for my login credetials which I enter.  Then the remote console opens displaying a UAC dialog asking if I would like to allow the follwing program to make changes to this computer.  I put in the administrator password it asks for and then the dashboard will open onto what appears to be a high-res remote desktop screen. It will stay open for a few seconds and then the remote console closes and I start over again.  The PC I am access the server from is running Windows 7 and is on the same subnet as the server.

Jay.

Friday, April 30, 2010 6:32 PM

Answers

• I tried what was sugested in the post Todd and the problem remained although the remote console stays open for about 15 seconds now.  I'll post a bug to connect.

Thanks guys.

Jay.

• Marked as answer by BigDdyJ Monday, May 3, 2010 2:25 PM
    Monday, May 3, 2010 2:24 PM

All replies

• Jay

See this post as I believe you have the same issue.  To resolve right now, give the user Administrator rights on the server.

Todd

Friday, April 30, 2010 8:50 PM
  • Not really sure whether both are the same issue, it looks different. Please file a connect bug with logs from the server.

Thanks.

Windows Home Server Team
    Saturday, May 1, 2010 7:35 AM
  • I tried what was sugested in the post Todd and the problem remained although the remote console stays open for about 15 seconds now.  I'll post a bug to connect.

Thanks guys.

Jay.

• Marked as answer by BigDdyJ Monday, May 3, 2010 2:25 PM
    Monday, May 3, 2010 2:24 PM