What is LoSBackupWake RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I just recently configured my Server with a specific software to wake up from sleep mode ever other day at 1800  to do backups of my systems. The software (WakeUpOnStandby) is configured to put the server back to sleep at 2200. 

Before using this software I had my Server switched off when not in use. Now I found, that, when my server is in sleep mode, that it wakes up at 1400, A look into the task planner unveiled two jobs, one is LoSBackupWake which is scheduled every day at 1400 and another LoS-abcdef... which is scheduled to wake the server up every mon, sat and sunday.

Can anybody in the know elaborate a bit what these backups are, if they really need to run (they did not when I always switched the server off manually) and. if WHS needs them, if I could reschedule them to the backup time, which in my case is between 1800 and 2200?

A Pointer to some techpapaer would also be very fine !

thanks for sheding light into this one

regards

Erik

Friday, August 13, 2010 4:34 PM

Answers

• You have, or had, the Lights Out add-in installed; those tasks are created by that add-in.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    • Marked as answer by Rosdol Wednesday, September 1, 2010 12:30 PM
    Friday, August 13, 2010 5:00 PM
  • If you no longer have Lights Out installed I'd say yes. If you're still using it, then obviously you shouldn't mess with them.
    Sunday, August 15, 2010 2:40 AM

All replies

• You have, or had, the Lights Out add-in installed; those tasks are created by that add-in.
    Friday, August 13, 2010 5:00 PM
  • Thank you, so I can remove them safely?

Erik

Saturday, August 14, 2010 7:07 PM
  • Thank you, so I can remove them safely?

Erik

You should check with the author of the add-in for that information.
    Sunday, August 15, 2010 12:37 AM
  • If you no longer have Lights Out installed I'd say yes. If you're still using it, then obviously you shouldn't mess with them.
    Sunday, August 15, 2010 2:40 AM