What is the approach method to install MSOffice on the server so that I may use it as an application server for the clients? RRS feed

• Question

• I wish to make the WHS an application server for my 5 clients computer.  I installed MSOffice2007 on the server but I can't figure out how to from the client open the application? I assume I installed it incorrectly but I can open the applications on the server. What do you suggest I do to correct this problem?
    Monday, January 20, 2014 1:19 PM

All replies

• Office isn't designed that way -- it needs to be installed on the computer it's being used on -- it makes many changes to that computer.

(Also, there are probably licensing considerations -- you'd probably need six licenses?)

Monday, January 20, 2014 4:12 PM
  • Windows Home Server does not support Remote Desktop Services (which include Remote App)  in the way you intend. Remote access is only supported for administrative purpose and for the offered components (dashboard, website), depending from the WHS version.

For any other kind of access you need not only a server OS, which regularly allows usage of Remote Desktop/Remote app, but also Remote Desktop Client Access Licenses and for MS Office a special key, which allows usage on Remote Desktop services. The normal retail version doesn't allow this.

Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf

Tuesday, January 21, 2014 8:36 AM