how to change the name and/or ip address of a dynamic crm 3.0 server RRS feed

• Question

• I have a dynamic crm 3.0 system.Afte i changed the name and ip address of the server,the system failed to start.

i've update the odbc data source "Microsoft CRM" .But when i want to modify the SQL server configuration in the deployment manager,it failed.

i start the deployment manager,it says : the selected server does not response.this may be happened if the server is  not available,or is not exist,or failed to login,or the  SQL$CRM service is not running.

then i tried again.this time the deployment manager is loaded. i right clicked on the server name(it is now changed to the new name),choose  Config SQL Server,select the SQL Server(new name),after i click the Next button.it says: "Can not find any Microsoft CRM database on that server".

Is there anybody know how to solve that problem ? Thanks in advance.

Tuesday, July 10, 2012 10:26 AM

Answers

• Many thanks Rudra Varma Batta!

I'm new to the MS  CRM.What does detach and attach DB mean? How to do that? Is that mean i should change the db name from for example old_mscrm to new_mscrm?

And i just want to change only the computer name and ip of the server.
    • Edited by Joseph Q021 Wednesday, July 11, 2012 2:36 AM
    • Marked as answer by Joseph Q021 Thursday, July 12, 2012 8:36 AM
    Wednesday, July 11, 2012 2:25 AM

All replies

• The Database should not be attached to any organisation. So try to detach the DB from that Organisation and attach it again with another name. Then you can import the organisation by pointing to the new attached DB.

It will resolve your issue.

Please mark if it helps you.

Regards

RVB

Rudravarma Batta

Tuesday, July 10, 2012 1:25 PM
  • Many thanks Rudra Varma Batta!

I'm new to the MS  CRM.What does detach and attach DB mean? How to do that? Is that mean i should change the db name from for example old_mscrm to new_mscrm?

And i just want to change only the computer name and ip of the server.
    • Edited by Joseph Q021 Wednesday, July 11, 2012 2:36 AM
    • Marked as answer by Joseph Q021 Thursday, July 12, 2012 8:36 AM
    Wednesday, July 11, 2012 2:25 AM
  • Hi Joseph,

I recommend you to follow the steps from No. 33 which is similar to your one.

http://weblogs.asp.net/pabloperalta/archive/2010/11/01/step-by-step-installing-crm-2011-on-premise-and-migrating-from-dynamics-crm-4-0-32-bits-on-premise.aspx

You can import the organisation if the DB is not attached to any others.

Please mark if it helps you.

Regards

RVB

Rudravarma Batta

Wednesday, July 11, 2012 8:34 AM
  • Thanks for the response.I have solved the problem myself
    Thursday, July 12, 2012 8:36 AM