Certificate help!!! RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to get OCS 07 up and running in a test enviorment in the most basic setup.  I have 3 machines.  Server 1 is the Domain Controler and Windows Certificate Authority.  Server 2 is the OCS server.  computer 3 is teh client.  I have gone throught the setup a couple times and i can not figure out how to get the client to connect to the ocs.  I keep getting "There was a problem verifying the certificate from the server.  Please contact your system administrator."  To bad im my own system administrator.  on the client i have visited the CA web site and installed the CA certificate chain. 

I can not find a step by step for installing a certificate (free certificate). 

Any help is much appreciated. 

Thanks
    Ben
    Friday, April 11, 2008 1:44 PM

All replies

• Got it.  Smile

As you can see this post is like 3 minutes after the prevouse post.  I poked around in the event log on the client and firgure out that i could not use the ip address of the server.  I had to use the name of the server.  Thanks. 

Next step is setting up automatic log on. 
    Friday, April 11, 2008 1:50 PM
  • For automatic logon you need to configure a service record in DNS and Configure your pool for automatic logon for your domain.com

_sipinternaltls._tcp.domain.com  port 5061 ocspool.domain.com

Take a look at the OCS 2007 Standard edition deployment guide

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=1068BEB2-4370-4C66-A3DC-55BDD032B857&displaylang=en

Friday, April 11, 2008 3:50 PM