none
Money 2007 Password does not work RRS feed

• Question

• I use this program standalone.  I do not connect to the internet at all with it.  My password has suddenly stopped working.  I have read many posts but none with this exact problem.

1. Nothing has been changed

2. Nothing has been added.

This computer is only used for Money and nothing else.

Help.

Monday, October 17, 2011 2:57 PM

All replies

• Here is what I think you are saying: You use a conventional password (no email address involved). You enter the password, and Money rejects it with this exact message: "The password you entered was incorrect. Please try again."

Here are things I would try:

1. Restore your latest backup file. Rather than restore to the saved filename, Browse to your Documents folder and choose a new name. This does not overwrite your current file.

2. Make a repaired version of your  curent file with File->RepairMoneyFile->StandardFileRepair level 2.

3. 1. Restore your second-newest backup file from the current file. Rather than restore to the saved filename, Browse to your Documents folder and choose a new name. This does not overwrite your current file.  By default, Money keeps 4 vintages of backup file.

4. Retore a backup file from other media such as USB flash drive. You should be making that with your scheduled backup.

If, on the other hand, you do use a LiveID and your computer is connected to the internet (there is an email address as part of your credentials,  disconnect from the Internet.  Pull your ethernet cable or turn off  your modem -- whatever it takes.  Start Money, Click below the password field to select "I want to sign in to Money directly, without access to all online services." then click Next.

Remove your LiveID.  Do not attempt to change your LiveID.  If you already changed your LiveID, use the credentials that were in effect at the time that you saved that Money file.

To remove the Live ID, go to File-PasswordManager, and choose to remove your LiveID.  To remove or add a conventional password, also see File->PasswordManager.

Monday, October 17, 2011 6:45 PM
  •   I have a money account that I have been using for several years without entering the password (I saved the password and logged on without going on the internet because the email account was hacked) I accidentally entered my present email and lost the old login info. I tried the fixes that were suggested above with no luck, are there any other options I can try, I have the account backed up on my computer and a USB drive,any help will be greatly appreciated.
    Wednesday, November 5, 2014 3:28 PM
  • You will not get in without the credentials that were in effect when you saved the file. Sorry.

Keep a paper and pencil by your bed in case the old information comes to you.

Wednesday, November 5, 2014 3:57 PM