is there a Comment and reply mechanism in CRM 2011 RRS feed

• Question

• hey guyz, im using CRM as a ticketing system andi want to implement a Comment/Reply mechanism to be impelmented...

the scenario is ..

all my customers who will raise tickets are identified under Accounts entity of CRM 2011. I have a account entity created for each of my customer, 

now i thought of using the Notes to establish this kind of communication, but when im using NOTES, i cannot mention the customer name anywhere since  my application will create the note with a CRM Admin account and associate the note with the ticket where my customer name is specified in customer attribute.

can any one suggest me an alternative approach where i can establish a comment and reply mechanism ..

Tuesday, October 16, 2012 10:10 AM

Answers

• Hi,

yes you can get it on the case form. Once you install the solution you can manually define on which entity you want to enable the walls (you go to Settings-> Activity Feeds Configuration->create a new record for the entity "incident"->and then publish all customizations). It is definitely feasible.

By the way, you can find some more info on activity feeds here and here.

Greetings,

Pavlos

Please mark this reply as an answer and vote it as helpful if it helps you find a resolution to your problem.
    View my latest gallery contribution here.
    Visit my blog here.

Tuesday, October 16, 2012 10:52 AM
  • Here is a sample for creating a post:

var postEntity = new Entity("post");
    postEntity["text"] = "Hello";
    postEntity["source"] = new OptionSetValue(2);
    postEntity["regardingobjectid"] = new EntityReference("someEntityName", new Guid("someEntityId"));
    organizationService.Create(postEntity);

For the "regardingobjectid" attribute you need the entity name for the entity where you want to post (i.e. "incident"), and its Id.

Greetings,

Pavlos

Please mark this reply as an answer and vote it as helpful if it helps you find a resolution to your problem.
    Visit my blog here.

• Marked as answer by SyedHaroon Tuesday, October 16, 2012 1:52 PM
    Tuesday, October 16, 2012 1:46 PM

All replies

• Hi,

just an idea: maybe you can use the "Activity Feeds" solution for this kind of scenario. You can add a wall for comments etc. on your ticket entity. Would it fit your needs? You can download the solution here.

Greetings,

Pavlos

Visit my blog here.

Tuesday, October 16, 2012 10:19 AM
  • hey pavlos, i just explored about Activity Feeds, but it doesn't look like that it can come onto the Case form.

I want something where i should be able to comment on some cases, right now we can do that thing using Notes, but what you said sounds awesome, but can i get it on Case form????

or is there any other approach???

Tuesday, October 16, 2012 10:47 AM
  • Hi,

yes you can get it on the case form. Once you install the solution you can manually define on which entity you want to enable the walls (you go to Settings-> Activity Feeds Configuration->create a new record for the entity "incident"->and then publish all customizations). It is definitely feasible.

By the way, you can find some more info on activity feeds here and here.

Greetings,

Pavlos

Visit my blog here.

Tuesday, October 16, 2012 10:52 AM
  • hey.. pavlos.. you were absolutely right and im loving activity feeds,

can you tell me how to add comments and read comments of the activity feed from c# program.

can you tell me what is the entity name of it, sicne activity entity might be a different one

Tuesday, October 16, 2012 12:02 PM
  • Hi,

you can have a look at the Activity Feeds Entities here.

Also take a look at the RetrieveRecordWallRequest. With this Request you can retrieve all posts and comments of a record wall.

In order to create comments you just have to create a comment entity record as you would with any other entity type and relate it to the corresponding post entity.

Have fun programming with activity feeds! Let me know if you stumble upon problems.

Greetings,

Pavlos

Visit my blog here.

Tuesday, October 16, 2012 12:11 PM
  • hey thanks pavlos...

can you a help me a little bit..

can you give me the code of post entity creation and post entity creation only with the mandatory attributes??? im having hardtime dealing with the crm errors

Tuesday, October 16, 2012 1:36 PM
  • Here is a sample for creating a post:

var postEntity = new Entity("post");
    postEntity["text"] = "Hello";
    postEntity["source"] = new OptionSetValue(2);
    postEntity["regardingobjectid"] = new EntityReference("someEntityName", new Guid("someEntityId"));
    organizationService.Create(postEntity);

For the "regardingobjectid" attribute you need the entity name for the entity where you want to post (i.e. "incident"), and its Id.

Greetings,

Pavlos

Visit my blog here.

• Marked as answer by SyedHaroon Tuesday, October 16, 2012 1:52 PM
    Tuesday, October 16, 2012 1:46 PM