Windows Vista (TM) Build 6002 This copy of Windows is not genuine RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Can you please help, the above message is displayed in the bottom right hand corner of my Toshiba laptop. Not sure what is driving this, I have had the computer for several years and vista came pre installed?

Thanks,

Sunday, December 5, 2010 5:20 PM

Answers

• To help us analyze and troubleshoot a non-genuine notification issue you may be experiencing, please download and run the Microsoft Genuine Advantage Diagnostics Tool. 

Once you run the tool, click on the Continue button, then click on the Copy button and paste the report into your post, along with your question. 

Thank you!

Carey Frisch
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Thursday, December 9, 2010 6:26 PM
    Sunday, December 5, 2010 5:53 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Having exactly the same problem as yourself. Many resolves have been posted on many different forums and it seems a very common problem. Can not offer you a resolve sorry will just have to keep looking i am afraid.If you get anywhere please post.

Many Thanks.

Sunday, December 5, 2010 5:44 PM
  • To help us analyze and troubleshoot a non-genuine notification issue you may be experiencing, please download and run the Microsoft Genuine Advantage Diagnostics Tool. 

Once you run the tool, click on the Continue button, then click on the Copy button and paste the report into your post, along with your question. 

Thank you!

Carey Frisch
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Thursday, December 9, 2010 6:26 PM
    Sunday, December 5, 2010 5:53 PM
  • Hi,

Having exactly the same problem as yourself. Many resolves have been posted on many different forums and it seems a very common problem. Can not offer you a resolve sorry will just have to keep looking i am afraid.If you get anywhere please post.

Many Thanks.

To properly analyse and solve problems with Activation and Validation, we need to see a full copy of the report produced by the MGADiag tool (download and save to desktop - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 )
    Once saved, run the tool.
    Click on the Continue button, which will produce the report.
    To copy the report to your response, click on the Copy button in the tool (ignore any error messages at this point), and then paste (using either r-click/Paste, or Ctrl+V ) into your response.

PLEASE POST YOUR REPORT IN A NEW THREAD OF YOUR OWN!

--

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Sunday, December 5, 2010 8:14 PM
  • No reply from the Original Poster.

Issue is assumed to be resolved.

Darin MS
    Thursday, December 9, 2010 6:26 PM