Template for Appointment RRS feed

• Question

• I understand how to create and use email templates. Is there a way to create an appointment template? The main purpose is that the appointment has the address, phone number, etc of the lead for which an appointment is to be set. Note that this is for using CRM in Outlook.
    Sunday, October 20, 2013 11:26 PM

Answers

• You could probably achieve this through some scripts written to bring over the desired information automatically.

The phone # could be copied over using script. The address data I think is being copied over in the location field, that again can be brought over from the contact/lead that has been selected for the appointment. 

In CRM 2013, they have introduced Quick View forms that basically intend to provide this functionality. So you can create a quick view form of say a Contact. On the related entity you can insert this quick view form so that you can quickly access information of the parent record without the need for any additional scripting or customization.

HTH

Sam

Dynamics CRM MVP | Inogic | http://inogic.blogspot.com| news at inogic dot com

If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

• Marked as answer by hfaun Monday, October 21, 2013 4:11 AM
    Monday, October 21, 2013 3:25 AM

All replies

• Hi,

There are no templates like email template for appointments as such but appointments are available in templates under Settings -->Data Management --> 'Templates for Data Improt' to import appointments into CRM instead of creating them manually. That might be useful in achieving what you were trying to do. Here is how to use these appointment templates to import appointment data in one go instead of typing it in.

http://blog.xrm.com/index.php/2011/06/sample-data-in-microsoft-dynamics-crm-2011/

If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful" Thanks, Imran Abbasi

Monday, October 21, 2013 12:05 AM
  • Imran, thanks for the response. Reading the article it seems I would have to fill in the data in an Excel sample file and then import it. If I got this right then I don't see the advantage as I still need to enter the data into the Excel file and on top of that need to do the import. If this is not how this is meant to work then I would appreciate some clarification.
    Monday, October 21, 2013 1:18 AM
  • Hi,

You have understood it correctly. Managing data (copy/pasting) in excel is helpful if you want to insert a lot of templates at once into CRM. But I think that's all what MS CRM has to offer for Appointment Templates.  There might be some one out there that has a custom solution for this but I haven't seen any. 

If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful" Thanks, Imran Abbasi

Monday, October 21, 2013 2:50 AM
  • You could probably achieve this through some scripts written to bring over the desired information automatically.

The phone # could be copied over using script. The address data I think is being copied over in the location field, that again can be brought over from the contact/lead that has been selected for the appointment. 

In CRM 2013, they have introduced Quick View forms that basically intend to provide this functionality. So you can create a quick view form of say a Contact. On the related entity you can insert this quick view form so that you can quickly access information of the parent record without the need for any additional scripting or customization.

HTH

Sam

Dynamics CRM MVP | Inogic | http://inogic.blogspot.com| news at inogic dot com

If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

• Marked as answer by hfaun Monday, October 21, 2013 4:11 AM
    Monday, October 21, 2013 3:25 AM
  • Sam, thanks for the response. I didn't realize that the scripts also work in CRM for Outlook. I think this will actually work and I will give it a try. Thanks for the tip.

Monday, October 21, 2013 4:11 AM