Icons flutter/flash on desktop on startup RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi All,
         Since the 0.9.3424.31 update, the icons on my desktop flash or flutter as Live Mesh is starting up.  It only happens on my Vista x64 Home Premium box, not on my Vista x32 box.  Also, it only happens when I first start up the machine, not when I shut down Live Mesh and then start it up again.

All of the icons on the desktop flash several times a second, whether they're a live mesh folder or not.  It goes on for about 8 seconds.  Anyone else seeing this?  It's not particularly urgent, just thought I'd be a good beta tester.

I've submitted a bug via Connect, it's here:

Max

Wednesday, April 1, 2009 1:49 AM

All replies

• Thanks for filing the bug report. I'm not seeing that on any of my machines, but it will be interesting to see if others are. It sounds like it might be a display driver issue.
    -steve
    Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare & Live Mesh Forum Moderator
    Wednesday, April 1, 2009 4:20 PM
  • Update:  It's happening as well on my laptop running Vista x32 Home Premium, when I restart the Live Mesh application, not just when I start the computer up.

I updated my graphics drivers to the latest version, with no effect.  On the desktop, I'm running an Nvidia GEForce GTX260, on my laptop I've got an Nvidia GeForce 7150M integrated display adapter.

I've updated the Connect Bug to reflect this new information, and uploaded logs from my laptop.
    Thursday, April 2, 2009 2:59 AM
  • Interesting that you see this on two computers with different video adapters, however it may still be driver related since you updated both to the latest Nvidea drivers.
    In any event, thanks for reporting this and updating the bug report.
    -steve
    Thursday, April 2, 2009 12:54 PM
  • Appears to be fixed in the latest release (0.9.4014.4).  Thanks!
    Tuesday, May 12, 2009 12:47 AM
  • That's good news. :-) Thanks for updating the thread.
    -steve
    Tuesday, May 12, 2009 11:53 AM