automated backup not starting RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Wonder if anyone can help.

For some reason my daughters dell netbook refuses to automatically start a backup? I can do a manual one fine.

All other pc's backup almost immediately after i turn them on each day, but the netbook doesn't

It's running win 7 home premium N 32bit

Thanks

Darren

Thursday, October 28, 2010 3:20 PM

All replies

• First step [of many maybe] - - -

Assuming you have the time set for 12:00 am to 6:00 am - the default, AND before you go to bed, do NOT leave it logged on to the desktop screen. Restart the PC [don't cheat and simply log off] and leave it on the log on screen after the reboot that has the user name waiting for a password. Don't enter it - the password. Try a night or two of that to see if automatic backups occur.

Background:
    I too am having the same problem. It has to be something automatically starting at Windows startup that is interfering or it's an issue of Microsoft Software Shadow Copy Provider corrupted and/or Volume Shadow Copy. Both are Services under the Control Panel - Administrative Tools - Services. But more on that later?  :(

Saturday, October 30, 2010 1:37 PM
  • Have you installed the lights out client on the netbook and only set it to sleep at night rather than a full shutdown?
    Saturday, November 6, 2010 7:13 PM