About Microsoft certification 70-536 second shot exam RRS feed

• Question

• Hi.

i have taken 70-536 exam and scored only 648. i prepared from training kit. now i am going for second shot exam, i need your help to guide me in this exam.

how to prepare for second shot exam?

what topics i have to do in second shot exam?

i want to get good score in this exam so help me.

Tuesday, December 7, 2010 7:30 AM

Answers

• The preparation is not different then before. Make sure, that you not just read the book. As you found out: That is not enough.

Did you play around with the technology described in each chapter? Did you follow the practices? Without getting practice it is simply very hard to pass the exam.

And ever thought about getting a practice test? That can help, too. Microsoft gives links to measureup and selftestsoftware (both gold partner) and I made good experince with it. (I loved to use the study mode. And I always learned till I was able to tell, which is the correct answer and which answers are wrong. And I gave the reasons. If I was not correct, I followed the provided links and read a lot on MSDN. And I played around with the technology where I missed something. That way I had no problem with any exam I took so far. And in my eyes, the practice is important: You remember something much better if youworked actively with it.

With kind regards,

Konrad

• Proposed as answer by Geoff Clark MCM Wednesday, December 8, 2010 1:00 PM
    • Marked as answer by Rubel Khan Thursday, December 9, 2010 8:05 PM
    Tuesday, December 7, 2010 7:51 AM
    Answerer
  • Hi Sonib,

Sorry to hear you failed but you are quite close 700 is the pass mark.

I agree with Konrad but I also suggest you look at your feedback from the Exam.

Are there particular areas of the exam that you were weak in? Concentrate on those.

Do questions from the training disk provided, if you do not get the answer right look at the explanations.  The test questions include links to the MSDN read the links to the MSDN.  All the questions in the exam are based on the MSDN so read and understand the topics in the links.

Hope this helps and good luck,

Ozzy Geoff

MCPD * 6

Wednesday, December 8, 2010 1:00 PM

All replies

• The preparation is not different then before. Make sure, that you not just read the book. As you found out: That is not enough.

Did you play around with the technology described in each chapter? Did you follow the practices? Without getting practice it is simply very hard to pass the exam.

And ever thought about getting a practice test? That can help, too. Microsoft gives links to measureup and selftestsoftware (both gold partner) and I made good experince with it. (I loved to use the study mode. And I always learned till I was able to tell, which is the correct answer and which answers are wrong. And I gave the reasons. If I was not correct, I followed the provided links and read a lot on MSDN. And I played around with the technology where I missed something. That way I had no problem with any exam I took so far. And in my eyes, the practice is important: You remember something much better if youworked actively with it.

With kind regards,

Konrad

Tuesday, December 7, 2010 7:51 AM
    Answerer
  • Hi Sonib,

Sorry to hear you failed but you are quite close 700 is the pass mark.

I agree with Konrad but I also suggest you look at your feedback from the Exam.

Are there particular areas of the exam that you were weak in? Concentrate on those.

Do questions from the training disk provided, if you do not get the answer right look at the explanations.  The test questions include links to the MSDN read the links to the MSDN.  All the questions in the exam are based on the MSDN so read and understand the topics in the links.

Hope this helps and good luck,

Ozzy Geoff

MCPD * 6

Wednesday, December 8, 2010 1:00 PM