cannot install live mesh RRS feed

• Question

• Live mesh stop working so I uninstalled it and tried reinstalling using the latest version (0.9.4014.7) but the installtion fails. The error message is below:

"Live Mesh Service is unavailable. Please retry your installation later. [80072F78 ] The server returned an invalid or unrecognized response ."

I have the latest version of windows update.

please help. running on winxp.
    Thursday, July 30, 2009 12:08 AM

Answers

• Please submit a bug report with Live Mesh logs. How to submit a bug report - http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en/LiveMesh/thread/d52b350a-f3e0-41c6-8e78-d6378e566b9e 

Also include Live Mesh installation logs. How to collect installation logs -
    1) Click Start  2) In the search bar (Vista) or Click Search (XP/2003) type Servicing* 3) In the search results you will see Servicing.log or Servicing(0000).log depending on where the installation failed. **NOTE** To directly go to the file, the Servicing log is in INSTALLDIR\Setup\Servicing.log or %temp%\Live Mesh\Servicing[0000].log if Live Mesh was uninstalled/rolled back during a failed installation.
    Jim - MVP Windows Live - Forum Moderator - Live One Care - Live Mesh - Microsoft Security Essentials
    Thursday, July 30, 2009 3:47 AM

All replies

• Please submit a bug report with Live Mesh logs. How to submit a bug report - http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en/LiveMesh/thread/d52b350a-f3e0-41c6-8e78-d6378e566b9e 

Also include Live Mesh installation logs. How to collect installation logs -
    1) Click Start  2) In the search bar (Vista) or Click Search (XP/2003) type Servicing* 3) In the search results you will see Servicing.log or Servicing(0000).log depending on where the installation failed. **NOTE** To directly go to the file, the Servicing log is in INSTALLDIR\Setup\Servicing.log or %temp%\Live Mesh\Servicing[0000].log if Live Mesh was uninstalled/rolled back during a failed installation.
    Jim - MVP Windows Live - Forum Moderator - Live One Care - Live Mesh - Microsoft Security Essentials
    Thursday, July 30, 2009 3:47 AM
  • I'll add that this appears to be a server error, so you simply want to try installing again at a later time.
    -steve
    Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare, Live Mesh, & MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator
    Thursday, July 30, 2009 12:43 PM
  • I've been getting this same error for a few weeks now.
    Thursday, July 30, 2009 5:30 PM
  • I've been getting this same error for a few weeks now.

If it has been a few weeks, then make sure that the Windows Update agent is the latest:
    http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/LiveMesh/thread/1335008b-4f69-44d5-8544-2dc25771295e

If that doesn't resolve it, the bug report is the best that we can offer at this point as the moderators here are fellow users.
    -steve

Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare, Live Mesh, & MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator
    Thursday, July 30, 2009 6:35 PM