Network status is "healthy" but cannot connect? RRS feed

• Question

• Have a weird problem. I guess I could boot the client machine and/or the server, but since I am working with files on the server from my laptop, I'm reluctant to do this.

My one desktop machine cannot reach any of the folder shares, cannot log in to the WHS Control Panel and cannot login through Remote Desktop.  Yet the WHS status icon shows "Network Healthy."  From my Laptop I can access my server fine, no problems whatsoever.

Any suggestions as to how to trouble-shoot this?

My lpatop is Vista Ultimate 32-bit.

The desktop is Win 7 Home Premium, 64-bit.  Yesterday I did install the Toolkit add-on on both the desktop (64-bit version) and published the add-in to the server. It worked fine for a number of hours after that, so I don't know if that is related.
    Monday, February 1, 2010 9:14 PM

Answers

• A reboot of the client machine fixed this. I tried debugging and using the WHS trouble-shooting tools, but the information was just all over the map.  So eventually I finished the other jobs on the machine that precluded an earlier reboot and rebooted. Works fine after that.  Blegh.

• Marked as answer by MikeB75077 Tuesday, February 2, 2010 9:06 PM
    Tuesday, February 2, 2010 9:06 PM

All replies

• Can you ping the server by name or IP?
    Monday, February 1, 2010 9:48 PM
  • Which firewall are you using on the client?
    Is the LAN connection declared as private network?
    Would Remote Desktop work if using the IP address of the server?
    Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf
    Monday, February 1, 2010 10:57 PM
  • A reboot of the client machine fixed this. I tried debugging and using the WHS trouble-shooting tools, but the information was just all over the map.  So eventually I finished the other jobs on the machine that precluded an earlier reboot and rebooted. Works fine after that.  Blegh.

• Marked as answer by MikeB75077 Tuesday, February 2, 2010 9:06 PM
    Tuesday, February 2, 2010 9:06 PM