Busy when dialing a conference RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all

When calling to conferencing in OCS, the line gets busy after the first caller connects. I've talked to the PBX guys and so far they have told me look for it in OCS. Is there any settings that needs to be set to support Dial in Conferencing. This is a feature that we really want to have in place.

Regards
    Peter
    Friday, August 28, 2009 7:06 AM

Answers

• I would verify with the PBX admin that you can have multiple concurrent calls to that one number. I don't think this is a limitiation of the SIP trunk side, however it could be a limitation on the PSTN side if your number is a public number.

In typical deployments there is a T1 trunk between the PBX and a media gateway, that media gateway then sends the information over SIP to OCS. With a T1 you have 23 channels available for calls, so you can have 23 concurrent calls happening.

I have never integrated with the Astra PBX unfortunately but if you ask your PBX admin if you can have multiple concurrent calls to that number he should know. If you are hitting the conferencing attendant and able to join into a conference by dialing that number I doubt it has anything to do with OCS.

Randy Wintle | MCTS: UC Voice Specialization | WinXnet Inc
    Sunday, August 30, 2009 7:48 PM

All replies

• Have you configured  your Conferencing Attendant?
    Have you deployed Communicator Web Access which is required for managing user pins and web based access
    Have you deployed Conferencing Add-in for Outlook?

Get the documentation for Dial-in Conferencing
    http://www.pro-exchange.be/blogs/ocs2007r2/archive/2009/07/26/microsoft-office-communications-server-2007-r2-documentation.aspx

- Belgian Unified Communications Community : http://www.pro-exchange.be -
    Friday, August 28, 2009 1:49 PM
  • Are you sure that you have plenty of lines available for this? what type of connectivity do you have between the PBX and your ocs environment?

Are you using a PRI or analog lines?

Sounds to me like you have a number assigned to the conferencing attendant, but there is only one line supporting that phone number.

Sunday, August 30, 2009 7:38 PM
  • We have a SIP trunk between the PBX (Aastra MX-ONE) and OCS, I've got a number from the PBX guys for Conferensing use.
     I just can't find anything to configure in OCS so if someone can verify that there must configuration done in the PBX to support multiple calls to the same number would be great.

Peter
    Sunday, August 30, 2009 7:41 PM
  • I would verify with the PBX admin that you can have multiple concurrent calls to that one number. I don't think this is a limitiation of the SIP trunk side, however it could be a limitation on the PSTN side if your number is a public number.

In typical deployments there is a T1 trunk between the PBX and a media gateway, that media gateway then sends the information over SIP to OCS. With a T1 you have 23 channels available for calls, so you can have 23 concurrent calls happening.

I have never integrated with the Astra PBX unfortunately but if you ask your PBX admin if you can have multiple concurrent calls to that number he should know. If you are hitting the conferencing attendant and able to join into a conference by dialing that number I doubt it has anything to do with OCS.

Sunday, August 30, 2009 7:48 PM
  • Thanks

I do hit the attendant with the first caller, the rest of them gets the busy signal

I'll have a talk with the PBX admins, again...

Peter
    Sunday, August 30, 2009 7:50 PM