Add new Button in CRM 2011 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

i am using CRM 2011 online trial account. in that i want to add new button in ribbon in Accounts Home page. the below image shows where i want to add new button.

when i am clicking on that button it should open a new sent quote (Custom entity)record.

is it possible to do that?

previously i am trying to do this using url in the button, but it does not works.

how to know the url's of entities to open a new record?

Thanks in Advance

Chandra

Tuesday, December 27, 2011 9:47 AM

All replies

• Hi chandra use CRM Ribbon editor to add a button,

and use url instead of javascript in Action tab of Ribbon Editor,

copy the requested url and paste.

By Sanz If you find this post helpful then please "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer".
    • Proposed as answer by san Sanz Tuesday, December 27, 2011 9:52 AM
    Tuesday, December 27, 2011 9:52 AM
  • Hello Chandra,

As san Sanz suggest you can use the CRM Ribbon editor to customize the ribbon menu. But actualy i'am also wondering what you would like to activate with the button. Does the button just have to open the standard form for your 'sent quote' entity, or is it more complex then that?

What url do you use?

Tuesday, December 27, 2011 11:45 AM
  • Hi,

thanks for your reply

yes it open the standard form of sent quote. but how to know the url of the sent quote.

i am trying copy the url of new sent quote form and paste in actions tab.but it not work.

the way am doing is right?

suggest me the way to do this.

Wednesday, December 28, 2011 5:04 AM
  • hi  ,do you want open single record or related records?

By Sanz If you find this post helpful then please "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer".
    Wednesday, December 28, 2011 5:36 AM
  • Hi,

i want to open single new sent quote record.

Thanks in Advance

Chandra

Wednesday, December 28, 2011 5:46 AM
  • Hi,

What do you mean by Sent Quote record? is it a custom entity record?

Jehanzeb Javeed

http://worldofdynamics.blogspot.com
    Linked-In Profile |CodePlex Profile

If you find this post helpful then please "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer".
    Wednesday, December 28, 2011 6:05 AM
  • Hi,

yes.

when clicking on the new custom button it should open new sent quote (custom entity) record.

please help me

Thanks

Chandra

Wednesday, December 28, 2011 6:11 AM
  • Hi,

If the Quote Sent entity contains a reference of Quote record and you are adding the button on Quote entity form then you need to also pass the _createFormId and _createFormType paramters in the Url via JScript, you may reffer to the following URL for further details: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg328483.aspx

Jehanzeb Javeed

http://worldofdynamics.blogspot.com
    Linked-In Profile |CodePlex Profile

If you find this post helpful then please "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer".
    • Proposed as answer by Jehanzeb.Javeed Wednesday, December 28, 2011 7:18 AM
    Wednesday, December 28, 2011 7:18 AM