New Tools Being Developed RRS feed

• Question

•  

HI

Like the Webmaster Tools Beta so far.  Can you put out a list of tools being developed or on the list to be developed.  This would keep us from posting or giving feedback for tools we would like to have that you already know about. 

My site shows over 5000 pages indexed but only has about 800.  Are you aware msnbot does not seem to follow robots.txt and has many 404 pages indexed.  This causes duplicate content which is affecting SERPs. Is there a feature where we can remove old pages and directories from the index and disallowed pages and directories noted in robots.txt?

Thanks

Larry

Monday, November 19, 2007 2:57 PM

Answers

•  

Larry,

Just coming out the of the private beta, we have had a lot of feedback on what we should change and what we should add.   We will be discussing some of what we are working on, but also we will probably have a few surprises for you.  

I appreciate your feedback on the removal of page from the index.   I have seen this with my personal site and other sites. We are looking into this and will discuss it in more detail in the future.  

Thanks,

Jeremiah

Monday, November 19, 2007 6:45 PM