HARMFUL AUTOMATIC UPDATES USING WINDOWS LIVE ONCARE CAN I TURN OFF AUTO UPDATES WHAT WILL THIS DO RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,I am new to this forum.  I have been having a problem with Windows Automatic Updates installing HARMFUL UPDATES to the point where they dis-able both my CD/RW and DVD Drives.  I have had to reformat my entire machine at 10 times over the past 2 weeks.  This is very disconceting.  Can I pick and Choose what updates to install?  Can I turn off Automatic Update?  What should I do?   Windows Live Onecare I was told by the Onecare staff will still show a RED Status   I am almost at the point of giving up on Onecare.  I need help and advice from the forum members instead of from the Donkeys fron Onecare Technical Support.

Any Suggestions?

Jefferysavage, Denver, Co.

Saturday, November 29, 2008 11:49 AM

Answers

• I'm sorry to say that you cannot disable Automatic Updates without having OneCare go to red status. However, you should probably address the cause of the problems with updates on your PC, as this would not be normal.

Identifying which specific update or updates are causing issues would be a good place to start and then pursuing your support or help options for these updates via the information found here:

Windows Update Solution Center - http://support.microsoft.com/ph/6527

-steve
    Sunday, November 30, 2008 8:27 PM