none
Sand Dance Column Order RRS feed

• Question

• I am using the Sand Dance Visual in Power BI, and I was wondering if it is possible to change the column order. In my chase, the column correlates to what stage a project is in(i.e. Idea Screen, Prototype, Early Adopter, Tech Transfer). My issue is that I can not get the columns to sort in any order other than alphabetical. Is it possible to get Sand Dance Columns to sort in an order besides alphabetical?
    Wednesday, June 29, 2016 2:57 PM

All replies

• There is an experimental feature in SandDance called "Data scrubber" that might do what you are looking for.  You can enable it (making it visible on the toolbar) by choosing Settings | Icon bar | Data scrubber - click on it so that it is checked).  Then, click on the "Scrubber" button on the icon bar and it will open the "Data scrubber" dialog.  On the left-hand list of column names, select the column you want to want to change the sort order for.  Then, on the right-hand side, click on the "Values" tab and you can then use the up/down arrow buttons to rearrange the order of the values.   When you are done, click "OK" to close the dialog and reload your data with this column adjustment applied to it.  If you need to reload your data again (for example, when you next run SandDance), select the appropriate "Data scrubber" template from the Data panel before clicking on "Load" to reapply these changes.  Please give it a try and let us known how it worked for you.  Thanks, Roland.

Monday, July 11, 2016 8:42 PM
  • I updated to the latest version of the Sand Dance visual in Power BI, but it does not show me the data scrubber option.
    Thursday, August 11, 2016 6:03 PM