How To Reallocate Folder Sizes RRS feed

• Question

• Hello:

My old WHS Version 1 just crashed after 5 years and I replaced it with a new install of WHS 2011.  After Installation, I started the Dashboard, then selected "Server Folders And Hard Drives".

I noticed that all the following folders had the same size allocated:

Client Computer Backups
    Documents
    Music
    Pictures
    Recorded TV
    Videos

Is there a way I can downsize folders that I probably won't use and put the space into Client Computer Backups?  I'm sure the answer is out there, but I did not locate it.

Thanks,
    Rich Locus, New to WHS 2011

Rich Locus, Logicwurks, LLC

http://www.logicwurks.com

Saturday, April 5, 2014 9:48 PM

Answers

• They are not allocated sizes - they just grow as required within the limitation of the HDD size on which they are located . You can use the Dashboard to move the folders between any HDDs you have available .

Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.

• Marked as answer by RichLocus Saturday, April 5, 2014 11:05 PM
    Saturday, April 5, 2014 10:01 PM
  • Until the disk fills up! WHS will manage the backups to save space but if you are running out of space, you might want to add a new HDD and move the folder there.

Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.

• Marked as answer by Andy Qi Monday, April 7, 2014 9:29 AM
    Sunday, April 6, 2014 12:51 AM

All replies

• They are not allocated sizes - they just grow as required within the limitation of the HDD size on which they are located . You can use the Dashboard to move the folders between any HDDs you have available .

• Marked as answer by RichLocus Saturday, April 5, 2014 11:05 PM
    Saturday, April 5, 2014 10:01 PM
  • Phil:

Thanks for your timely answer.

So, I will assume that as the Client Computer Backups exceeds the GB size shown, it will grow, and the others will shrink.

Thanks again.

Rich Locus, Logicwurks, LLC

http://www.logicwurks.com

Saturday, April 5, 2014 11:07 PM
  • Until the disk fills up! WHS will manage the backups to save space but if you are running out of space, you might want to add a new HDD and move the folder there.

• Marked as answer by Andy Qi Monday, April 7, 2014 9:29 AM
    Sunday, April 6, 2014 12:51 AM