xp not authentic RRS feed

• Question

• i recently lent my gameing computer to a friend and upon its return it says that my copy of xp is not authentic and that it needs to be resolved whenever i attempt to resolve it or resolve it later another window pops up and says a problem has prevented windows from checking the licencse for this computer to proceed ou copy of windows has to be activated with microsoft if you click no it logs me out if i click yes it loads up my main screen then the activate windows screen pops up but its completly blank save for the boxes in the top right and left corner of the windows. when i attempt to resolve later it simply logs me out so theres no way for me to get to the main screen of my computer accept for starting it in safe mode but then theres no way to acces the internet and when i try to start it in any other mode (safe mode with networking exct) it pulls the same thing on me reslove now or be logged out and the resolve dosnt work just the activated windows window with a black screen and two boxes. what do i do?
    • Edited by cstylez Sunday, November 6, 2011 7:19 PM
    Sunday, November 6, 2011 6:59 PM

Answers

• "cstylez" wrote in message news:1ec986b4-43e1-49ba-956c-95da74bd4783...
    i recently lent my gameing computer to a friend and upon its return it says that my copy of xp is not authentic and that it needs to be resolved whenever i attempt to resolve it it loads up my main screen then the activate windows screen pops up but its completly blank save for the boxes in the top right and left corner of the windows. when i attempt to resolve later it simply logs me out so theres no way for me to get to the main screen of my computer accept for starting it in safe mode but then theres no way to acces the internet and when i try to start it in any other mode (safe mode with networking exct) it pulls the same thing on me reslove now or be logged out and the resolve dosnt work just the activated windows window with a black screen and two boxes. what do i do?

You can try re-arming the activation system.

(note - if this has been done before, it may fail, in which case you're SOL. )

<Quote Dan>

You might be able to address your immediate issue of the expired 30-day activation grace period by resetting it. Follow these steps:

1. If the computer can be started to a safe mode command prompt, do so.

2. At the command prompt, type this command exactly (space, caps, and comma are essential):

rundll32.exe syssetup,SetupOobeBnk

3. Restart.

If you were successful, your activation grace period will have been reset, giving you more time to work on the problem.

</Quote>

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    • Proposed as answer by Darin Smith MS Monday, November 7, 2011 11:21 PM
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Thursday, November 10, 2011 7:36 PM
    Sunday, November 6, 2011 7:02 PM