the product key you typed is already in use?? RRS feed

• Question

• i just bought windows vista home premium, and i installed on my pc,and when i try and activate it, it keeps telling me : the product key you typed is already in use. this is the first and only time that this copy of vista was installed on any pc . what do i do?

please email me at ottawa_gurl20@msn.com
    Saturday, March 17, 2007 5:17 PM

Answers

• You may have been a victim of someone trying a key at random and got yours :(

Still get in contact with MS about it, perhaps they will help you with a replacement key.

Saturday, March 17, 2007 11:32 PM
  • Please go to your System Properties panel (which you can access by right-clicking on Computer in the start menu and choosing Properties) and click on the blue "Change product key" link at the bottom of that window.  Then try entering your product key there.  Let me know if that works.  Thank you!

Monday, March 19, 2007 7:53 PM

All replies

• Did Vista come in a sealed box with security tapes on either side?

If not then it had been opened and you should take back to the place of purchase and tell them off, and demand a new fully closed copy.

Saturday, March 17, 2007 5:50 PM
  • yes, the package was fully sealed
    Saturday, March 17, 2007 9:52 PM
  • You may have been a victim of someone trying a key at random and got yours :(

Still get in contact with MS about it, perhaps they will help you with a replacement key.

Saturday, March 17, 2007 11:32 PM
  • Please go to your System Properties panel (which you can access by right-clicking on Computer in the start menu and choosing Properties) and click on the blue "Change product key" link at the bottom of that window.  Then try entering your product key there.  Let me know if that works.  Thank you!

Monday, March 19, 2007 7:53 PM
  • i called them and they helped me out with a replacement key. thanks for ur help
    Monday, March 19, 2007 10:52 PM