none
Hi! I'm new one RRS feed

Answers

• Yes, but you have to pay for it

Monday, January 10, 2011 3:13 PM
    Answerer
  • Hi,

there are multiple possible ways to get access to Windows 7 downloads.

One free solution is to use a trial. Please see http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/evalcenter for evaluation versions of microsoft products. (On there you find at least Windows 7 Enterprise 90 day trial)

There are a lot of other possibilites to get the ability to download full licensed versions. There are offers for a lot of different targets:
    - Developers often subscribe to MSDN to get licensed to different Operating Systems (mostly for testing purpose).
    - Small companies / Self employed people might register as microsoft partner and get an Action Pack.
    - There are license models available (e.g. OPEN License) where companies can download / easily buy required software.

The available license models are quire complex in my eyes and I fear that I cannot provide you any real help with these (I am not a reseller and I didn't check all the available information on this topic!). I think it is best to directly contact microsoft or a reseller (Depending on your interests. The Partner Program pages can help you regarding small companies and the resellers know all the license programs and can help you with these).

With kind regards,

Konrad

Monday, January 10, 2011 3:38 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• Yes, but you have to pay for it

Monday, January 10, 2011 3:13 PM
    Answerer
  • Hi,

there are multiple possible ways to get access to Windows 7 downloads.

One free solution is to use a trial. Please see http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/evalcenter for evaluation versions of microsoft products. (On there you find at least Windows 7 Enterprise 90 day trial)

There are a lot of other possibilites to get the ability to download full licensed versions. There are offers for a lot of different targets:
    - Developers often subscribe to MSDN to get licensed to different Operating Systems (mostly for testing purpose).
    - Small companies / Self employed people might register as microsoft partner and get an Action Pack.
    - There are license models available (e.g. OPEN License) where companies can download / easily buy required software.

The available license models are quire complex in my eyes and I fear that I cannot provide you any real help with these (I am not a reseller and I didn't check all the available information on this topic!). I think it is best to directly contact microsoft or a reseller (Depending on your interests. The Partner Program pages can help you regarding small companies and the resellers know all the license programs and can help you with these).

With kind regards,

Konrad

Monday, January 10, 2011 3:38 PM
    Answerer