none
Forums are all screwed up (again) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

If a user selects to view 'no reply' posts, then many of them have been deleted - why then do they appear at all in the listing? It is completely stupid to list a number of posts appearing to be there only to constantly get a 'This item has been deleted.' page.  Example:

The display information on post is also screwed up. For example, the header below show 5 replies, yet open the thread and there are actually 6 replies.

And *why* do blank lines get stripped out?

Regards Les, Livingston, Scotland

• Edited by leshay Wednesday, January 14, 2015 4:17 PM
    Wednesday, January 14, 2015 4:14 PM

All replies

• The only posts I've seen in Forums that have been deleted are ones that were flagged abusive. I don't know why they still appear in the Forums. The issue of posts showing with fewer replies than show when you open the thread has been reported to the forum administrators. They are aware of some problems and are attempting to troubleshoot.

If you see problems in the forums, like posts with more replies than are shown in the forum lists, report them by emailing fissues at microsoft dot com.

The forums always attempt to remove blank lines. I don't know why.

Richard Mueller - MVP Directory Services

Wednesday, January 14, 2015 5:54 PM
  • Hi

Thanks for reply.

The remark about deleted posts I made was only one of many. I probably saw 5 or 6 on the first couple of pages. It is just a right pain in the a*** to have to reload several times due to the 'server error' pages only to find it to be a deleted post.

OK, the post header stats are being investigated, thanks.

• The blank lines removal seems a bit of an overkill when the forum allows loooong code listings, many images and etc - the blank line removal isn't really saving any space in the main.

Regards Les, Livingston, Scotland

Wednesday, January 14, 2015 6:16 PM