Windows 7 Ultimate - Activation RRS feed

• Question

• Installed W7 Ultimate approx a month ago

Travelled to Asia yesterday

Got my first activation message today - Aparently my machine is disabled tomorrow

"code - 0xC004C003

Activation server determined the specific product key has been blocked"

Now as I'm travelling, I didn't think to pack my os disk and prooduct key - foolish I now know!

What can I do for the next 4 weeks while I'm in Asia to keep my machine running?

It is not possible for someone to get to my disk and packaging to send me the details.

Software was/is genuine.

I guess if I don't get an answer soon - I'll won't be able to find out what to do!

Thanks.

Tuesday, September 21, 2010 11:13 AM

Answers

All replies

• Open the Command prompt. Start>Type in "CMD" with out quotes>rightclick and run as adminisrator. Now type the folowwing command. "slmgr -rearm" without the quotes. This will reset your license to have 30 days one more. ou can do this only three times. Thus giving youi 90 days more. Do it now though. Take care.

Tuesday, September 21, 2010 3:19 PM
  • Hello, mad_frankie

The command that EndSecure suggested will work temporarily, but for us to assist you, we will need you to post the full diagnostic report from the Genuine Diagnostics tool (MGADiag.exe) at this link http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012

David
    Microsoft Answers Support Engineer
    Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Wednesday, October 6, 2010 7:25 PM
    Tuesday, September 21, 2010 6:52 PM
  • Purchase a genuine Windows 7 Ultimate – Full Version product key, then see: How to Update Your Product Key in Windows 7
    Carey Frisch
    Tuesday, September 21, 2010 7:01 PM
  • As David said, we need a report to offer advice, however I would like to add one note. Your computer WILL continue to function in notification mode, you will not lose any data or functionality due to the notification mode. HOWEVER, you will have a black desktop and programs such as MSE will not function, or install. If you depend on MSE I highly suggest you download a different free antivirus program, uninstall MSE and install the other program so you maintain virus protection.

Also as David said, the rearm command will TEMPORARILY delay the notification mode and programs such as MSE will continue to work, however it is limited to an additional 30 days and will only delay the inevitable.

If you submit the report we can troubleshoot your problem more effectively. I won't even speculate on the status of your key without the report.

Tuesday, September 21, 2010 7:53 PM
  • No reply from the Original Poster.

Issue is assumed to be resolved

Darin MS
    Wednesday, October 6, 2010 7:25 PM
  • Thanks everyone for your help and reassurances - Machine kept working, now back in the UK and all resolved.

Carey - not really very useful advice for someone on the road.  Must try harder!

Thanks again

Francis

Friday, November 5, 2010 9:38 PM