Yellow Icon RRS feed

• Question

• I hope this is the correct thread to post my question !

Yesterday the WOC icon in sys tray turned to yellow ... I clicked on the balloon and the screen said that I needed to download two optional updates for Windows ... I chose not to download them since the updates were about game controllers ( I think ) and the Windows update screen said that I am up to date with all downloads ... anyway , if the updates are optional , why does the WOC icon remain yellow ... my OS is Vista.

Any help would be appreciated .... thanks !

Wednesday, September 10, 2008 1:08 PM

Answers

All replies

• One Care should not notify you of missing optional updates. Open Windows Update, view available updates, right click the optional updates you do not wish to install and select "Hide this update". Restart your computer and see if the One Care status changes to good. If not please contact support. How to reach support - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

Wednesday, September 10, 2008 2:03 PM
  • You'd think that the forum folder for Update would be correct, but that folder is for updates to OneCare itself. Since your issue is with Windows Updates and OneCare, it is a Tune-up topic, so that's where I moved the thread. :-) Not a problem that you posted where you did.

-steve

Wednesday, September 10, 2008 2:23 PM