Windows Live Mail 2012 Error Codes

• I recently upgraded to Windows Live Mail 2012.  After setting up my accounts, my e-mails loaded with no problems.  The next day and EVERY subsequent day I cannot receive e-mails from my Hotmail account.  I keep receiving the following error codes:

Unable to send or receive messages for the Live (user) account.

Server Error: 0x80048820
    Server: ''
    Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x80048820

Unable to send or receive messages for the Live (user) account.

Server Error: 0x80048849
    Server: ''
    Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x80048849

Occasionally after logging in and out several times my mail will load.  Today I am not having any luck at all.  I have deleted my "live" account and set it up again several times.  I have double-checked my settings and everything is correct.  Today I ran a repair on Windows Essentials 2012 and that did not fix the problem.  I search & search your forums and try all of the "fixes" with no success. This consumes 2-3 hours, or more, of my time every day.  I prefer Windows Live Mail to Outlook, but am getting extremely frustrated!  What can I do to permanently fix this problem?

Thank you for any help!

• Edited by Sassy886 Thursday, June 26, 2014 8:25 PM
    Thursday, June 26, 2014 8:18 PM

All replies

• Not sure if I'm doing this right, but I solved my own problem! If anyone else has the same problem, here is what I did:

Deleted  my Live Mail account.  Set it up again, this time I chose "Manual Setup." "NEXT", then I chose "Windows Hotmail Account" instead of POP or IMAP.  Clicked "Finish" and my account was set up correctly, automatically.  All of my folders and e-mails loaded immediately.  Hope this helps someone else. 

Friday, June 27, 2014 8:58 PM